Live view quality poor but remote viewing perfect??

Coleiro88

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, excuse my lack of knowledge at all of this is very new to me. I recently bought and installed the following:

Ds-7608-Ni 8ch Poe nvr
4 x Ds-2cd2342wd-I 4mp
2 x Ds-2cd2042wd-I 4mp

Everything is set up and working great including remote viewing etc. My problem is, some of the cameras aren't as clear as what I believe they should be. For eg, a plant that is no more than 6m away from one camera in particular, visually looks blurry when I am using ivms. Additionally, when the ir is on at night, some of the cameras pictures arent as clear as what I would expect.

Surprising though, when I view remote playback on th same cameras the quality is actually perfect and yet for live viewing it isn't. Is this something that is common, or is there something that I'm doing wrong or could change to improve this? Any feedback would be great!

Cheers

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, excuse my lack of knowledge at all of this is very new to me. I recently bought and installed the following:

Ds-7608-Ni 8ch Poe nvr
4 x Ds-2cd2342wd-I 4mp
2 x Ds-2cd2042wd-I 4mp

Everything is set up and working great including remote viewing etc. My problem is, some of the cameras aren't as clear as what I believe they should be. For eg, a plant that is no more than 6m away from one camera in particular, visually looks blurry when I am using ivms. Additionally, when the ir is on at night, some of the cameras pictures arent as clear as what I would expect.

Surprising though, when I view remote playback on th same cameras the quality is actually perfect and yet for live viewing it isn't. Is this something that is common, or is there something that I'm doing wrong or could change to improve this? Any feedback would be great!

Cheers
Lol you can't say the pictures aren't clear then not post any pictures for us to see. Post em plz

Coleiro88

n3wb
Reaction score
IMG_2438.JPG IMG_2437.JPG Yeah fair point. It's more noticeable at night and I don't have any Live Photos of the ir quality at the moment. It is still noticeable during the day but not as much but here is any example... if you look at the clarity of the wood in particular. And yes they were taken at different times but the quality doesn't change

Attachments

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might be on sub stream in live view... in ivms right click the camera name on the list and see if Main Stream is checked.

upload_2017-2-11_17-56-16.png

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
View attachment 15031 View attachment 15030 Yeah fair point. It's more noticeable at night and I don't have any Live Photos of the ir quality at the moment. It is still noticeable during the day but not as much but here is any example... if you look at the clarity of the wood in particular. And yes they were taken at different times but the quality doesn't change
Mmm the only thing I see wrong is the mounting placement ;) are you checking people's hair

Coleiro88

n3wb
Reaction score
You might be on sub stream in live view... in ivms right click the camera name on the list and see if Main Stream is checked.

View attachment 15032
Thanks for that. Do you mean on the iVMS-4500 app or something else? Just not sure how I right click or change that through the app

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Do you mean on the iVMS-4500 app or something else? Just not sure how I right click or change that through the app
Oh I thought you were having issues with it on the computer software (which goes by IVMS 4200) on the ivms-4500 app there's a window looking icon on the bottom for you to change the live stream (fluent is substream, Clear is main stream) see if that helps after you set it to Clear.

upload_2017-2-11_19-47-4.png

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Based on that second image, you may want to turn WDR on too, under Configuration >> Image >> Backlight Settings when connecting via a web browser. It should solve your issues with the plant / the right of the scene in general.

Coleiro88

n3wb
Reaction score
Based on that second image, you may want to turn WDR on too, under Configuration >> Image >> Backlight Settings when connecting via a web browser. It should solve your issues with the plant / the right of the scene in general.
Thanks for that. I can't access the camera directly to go into the config. I tried putting in the individual IP address of the cam but it doesn't work. I'm. Guessing that's because it's plugged into the nvr directly (without a switch which I don't have). Can I plug the cam directly into a laptop and access it that way through the IP address?