Live viewing lag

tmatika

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello - I'm trying to find the answer to what I hope is something simple. I have 5 Foscam FI9802W's. When viewing through the BI program, I get about 3 - 10 second lag. When viewing directly to the camera from it's web UI, its basically realtime 30FPS (No LAG).

The Computer I have BI running on is a 5th Gen I7, 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

I have not changed any of the default settings in recording... although I did briefly try D2D to see if that would improve performance, but it did nothing.

When I use IPCam viewer lite, it looks flawless... so I'm hoping it's an encoding thing or something within the program... just not sure where to start tweaking.

Thank you

tmatika

n3wb
Reaction score
Another note - when I go into the camera properties, on the general tab, there is no lag in the preview window under the status area.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Another note - when I go into the camera properties, on the general tab, there is no lag in the preview window under the status area.
Are you using the demo or full version?
In the demo direct to disk is not fully implemented.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Full version, purchased about a month ago. Just updated it today to latest update.
What is your receive buffer set to?
Also, try viewing the rtsp stream in vlc and see if there is a lag...the

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Receive Buffer is 3MB

No lag at all streaming through VLC (Following instructions from this site).
http://foscam.us/forum/how-to-fetch-snapshots-and-mjpeg-stream-on-hd-cameras-t4328.html
Those instructions are for streaming an mjpeg stream and/or the substream, so it will be faster. You need to try and pull the h.264 stream which blue iris is pulling.
try
rtsp://IPADDRESS/videoMain
http://IPADDRESS/videostream.asf?user=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD]

Also try direct to disc again.

tmatika

n3wb
Reaction score
Another thing to note - the latency is uniform across all cameras. They update the frame at the same time - all 5 cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Another thing to note - the latency is uniform across all cameras. They update the frame at the same time - all 5 cameras.
Do you get the same latency if you disable the other 4?

tmatika

n3wb
Reaction score
Those instructions are for streaming an mjpeg stream and/or the substream, so it will be faster. You need to try and pull the h.264 stream which blue iris is pulling.
try
rtsp://IPADDRESS/videoMain
http://IPADDRESS/videostream.asf?user=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD]

Also try direct to disc again.
Following these instructions, I was able to get the stream work (Needed a specified port) in VLC - no latnecy.

http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=foscam

D2D seems to have no effect at all.

tmatika

n3wb
Reaction score
I found the problem.... RDP :(

When I remote into the system using alternative means, no latency... any way to disable that or fix that? Sounds like it may be by design...?

tmatika

n3wb
Reaction score
Any hope for an activex fix for the web server? I wouldn't mind using that if I didn't have to use the JPEG viewer :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I found the problem.... RDP :(

When I remote into the system using alternative means, no latency... any way to disable that or fix that? Sounds like it may be by design...?
Are you seeing a delay of 5 seconds or the image only refreshes every 5 seconds?
go to blue iris options> cameras, set video during remote desktop to unrestricted.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It gives me the middle finger in edge and Chrome?... but If I can can disable the delay in RDP that works too. Thank you
Those browsers dont support activex...just use explorer.