LNB3163BW firmware upgrade/update?

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As I look for a LNB3163BW firmware upgrade/update, and after failing to find any internet success, I have chosen to post the question here. The manufacturer name on the camera doesn't have anything listed upon their web page and their customer service has not responded. In the past, they have sent a download link via email.

I also ask if this camera can be updated/upgraded to include IVS functions or anything else that will assist with the motion detection or solve my user interface problems. I would like to reflash the camera(s) and NVR to Dahua firmware(s) to eliminate the Lorex interface problems.

My NVR has recently been upgraded to a 9163 and then to a nr916X. Internally, they are different appearing pc boards and chips. The 916X is currently in use and seems to not be having problems like the 9163 and the lnr4163 previously did. I am unsure of the qualities and claimed performance differences between the models.

There has been a lot of good info and directions posted here and any explanation help, links, threads, directions will be appreciated.

Regards....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I look for a LNB3163BW firmware upgrade/update, and after failing to find any internet success, I have chosen to post the question here. The manufacturer name on the camera doesn't have anything listed upon their web page and their customer service has not responded. In the past, they have sent a download link via email.

I also ask if this camera can be updated/upgraded to include IVS functions or anything else that will assist with the motion detection or solve my user interface problems. I would like to reflash the camera(s) and NVR to Dahua firmware(s) to eliminate the Lorex interface problems.

My NVR has recently been upgraded to a 9163 and then to a nr916X. Internally, they are different appearing pc boards and chips. The 916X is currently in use and seems to not be having problems like the 9163 and the lnr4163 previously did. I am unsure of the qualities and claimed performance differences between the models.

There has been a lot of good info and directions posted here and any explanation help, links, threads, directions will be appreciated.

Regards....
Hi @not now....

I have not yet seen references of successful flashing of firmware for Lorex firmware cameras to Dahua OEM firmware. If someone does have good information on this I would also be interested to see it.

Curious, what interface issues are you seeing on the Lorex branded products which you think will be solved with flashing to Dahua OEM firmware?

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @not now....

I have not yet seen references of successful flashing of firmware for Lorex firmware cameras to Dahua OEM firmware. If someone does have good information on this I would also be interested to see it.

Curious, what interface issues are you seeing on the Lorex branded products which you think will be solved with flashing to Dahua OEM firmware?
Thanks for the reply.
Until I accomplish the dahua firmware onto the lorex nvr, I am wanting to upgrade/update the lorex cameras to work better with the lorex firmware upon the nvr. As relayed by multiple people and places, and as I too have experienced, the lorex customer service techs seem to struggle with the understanding and delivery of the appropriate firmware. Lorex used to have it available for anyone to download at lorex.com

Currently and throughout the lorex nvr model progression, the cameras have stopped accepting motion detection zone area saving(s) and correction(s). So after spending an exorbitant amount of wasted time and repeatedly selecting the zones and levels, after saving, applying and a nvr restart, nothing at the camera was accomplished.

Plus, the dahua motion level adjustment appears to be a better way of accomplishing/adjusting/testing/removing false motion alarms.

I have just started to use the Lorex version of the smartPss app, but am still unable to accomplish camera adjustments.

Regards....