LNR-360 freezing

Reaction score
I have an LNR-360 bought from Costco. I have 10 camera on it. One camera is on continuous recording and the other 9 on motion. The system crashes randomly.
Sometimes runs a week, sometimes 4 hrs.
I've done an exchange with Lorex. When I plugged in the new system. I imported the config.... Shockingly after 8 hrs the new system hangs again. Only the mouse pointer works. Nothing else work.
Power cycle will bring it back to life.

Any help. I might keep the old system just as a back up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an LNR-360 bought from Costco. I have 10 camera on it. One camera is on continuous recording and the other 9 on motion. The system crashes randomly.
Sometimes runs a week, sometimes 4 hrs.
I've done an exchange with Lorex. When I plugged in the new system. I imported the config.... Shockingly after 8 hrs the new system hangs again. Only the mouse pointer works. Nothing else work.
Power cycle will bring it back to life.

Any help. I might keep the old system just as a back up.
Did the replacement system have a new drive you did you reuse the old one?
Regardless, a crashing system is unacceptable. Return it to costco (there is a lifetime return policy on these)...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
However, I already spent hundreds of $$ installing the cameras. There's nothing wrong with the cameras.
Most of the installation cost is running the cable...that is already done...you can also try replacing the NVR but that is a waste.

Reaction score
Most of the installation cost is running the cable...that is already done...you can also try replacing the NVR but that is a waste.
Do you mean with another brand/model NVR? If the same brand/model, that's what I have done. It's still freezing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you mean with another brand/model NVR? If the same brand/model, that's what I have done. It's still freezing.
yes, though its a waste because you paid for this one. It would likely be cheaper to have someone swap the cameras that come with a new kit.
It does seem odd that two units have the same problem. It may be a power issue, try putting the nvr on a UPS power backup.