Locations firmware CH model DS-2CD2032F-I ?

poweruser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dear ip-cammers,

I was wondering where to find a new firmware for my new DS-2CD2032F-I . I was told by the seller that the firmware could be updated.

On the overseas.hikvision.com I've found: DS-2CD2x12,2x32 IP camera firmware v5.3.0_150513 and under the models it says DS-2CD2032-I.

However on the hikvision.europe.com under DS-2CD2xx2 there is V5.3.0 build 150814(new) which is one version newer as compared to the one mentioned above. The only difference as compared to 150513 seems to be: "Gateway issue fixed"

I checked the 150513 from the European site as well and compared it with the overseas page, both have the same md5sum so they are identical. I am only slightly worried since my model has the F in its type and I don't see that back on both pages.

poweruser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, how do you know they are only for WR? And what does WR/CH stand for?
Allright, it seems that CH models are from grey market:

From the website: "If your camera has “CH” in the serial number, you are most likely using a “gray market” product. Updating the firmware from this site can lead to several complications in those cameras, up to and including camera failure."

I shall check the serial number tonight since I assumed the information in the eBay page is correct. I hope it is not since the only reason I paid 60 dollars more for this camera is because I'd like to able to update its firmware.

I checked the serial by logging into the machine, it says:

Model DS-2CD2032-I
Serial No. DS-2CD2032-I20141121CCWRXXXXXXX (where X are some numbers)
Firmware Version V5.2.5 build 141201
Encoding Version V5.0 build 140714

So it seems that I have the WR version? I had my son check the outside, but it only stated the mac address. Looks like I am good to go right?

Last edited by a moderator:

poweruser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I succeeded! Unfortunately, I couldn't login using the default login/pass or my own, so I had to use the SADP tool (use Win7 compatibility during installation otherwise it won't see your device!!) and the website to generate the password reset code (https://www.ipcamtalk.com/hik-pw-reset.php) and after that, I could login again...