Lock Blue Iris, but still be able to view cameras?

kaamady

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a way to view the Blue Iris camera screen while the computer is locked. Is it even possible to just lock Blue Iris and leave the computer unlocked viewing the cameras? Sorry for being vague. It's a bit hard to explain.

Edit:
I'm wanting the computer to function like a NVR/DVR where you can view the cameras and use PTZ, but to do anything to the system or settings/video playback, you'd need a password.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a way to view the Blue Iris camera screen while the computer is locked. Is it even possible to just lock Blue Iris and leave the computer unlocked viewing the cameras? Sorry for being vague. It's a bit hard to explain.

Edit:
I'm wanting the computer to function like a NVR/DVR where you can view the cameras and use PTZ, but to do anything to the system or settings/video playback, you'd need a password.
Blue iris cannot do this nativity but im sure there is a windows utility that allows it...you might also consider simply unplugging the mouse and keyboard...are wireless mouse/keyboard is an easy solution...just hide the little dongle.

kaamady

n3wb
Reaction score
I will need the mouse for PTZ control. I'm hoping that somebody here knows of some type of software. I have tried to find software like that with no success.

Do you think I should submit a request for the software developer to add password protected settings and recordings feature for Blue Iris as well as a way to keep the recordings from being deleted through Windows File Explorer?

Edit:
I know BI can be password protected when minimized.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will need the mouse for PTZ control. I'm hoping that somebody here knows of some type of software. I have tried to find software like that with no success.

Do you think I should submit a request for the software developer to add password protected settings and recordings feature for Blue Iris as well as a way to keep the recordings from being deleted through Windows File Explorer?

Edit:
I know BI can be password protected when minimized.
It cant hurt to make the request....The only way to prevent the files from being deleted is to run the a standard user account in windows and prevent the users ability to delete files from your storage folder.
What is you specific scenario, who are you trying to prevent from messing with the system..maybe there is a better solution.