Locked out of camera - password error

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here I recently purchased the following after initially looking at Swann kits and reading here that Hikvision was the way to go.

1 x Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P
1 x Hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I 4 mm
2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I 2.8 mm
1 x Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I 4 mm
1 x Hikvision DS-2DE4A220IW-DE

It all of this arrived some weeks ago, I initially plugged it in and checked it all worked, I remember setting a random password for testing, like 123456789 or something I think. Finally installed 2 of the cameras today, plugged them in and aligned them, all good. Then I tried to login from a browser, forgot what password I set last month, so I did a factory reset. Now the cameras aren't showing, when you activate the camera, does it apply the NVR admin password to the cam? If so then I'm in trouble now as I can't remember exactly what I set it to initially.

The cameras shipped with v5.5.0_170725 firmware, I saw the thread about the password unlocker but it doesn't seem to work with this version.

I got the SADP tool, only the NVR shows, I guess because my home network is on the 10.100.#.# range and the cams are plugged into the POE sockets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as they are currently only good for door stops :(

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most likely -- when you reset the cameras to the factory default -- the camera's subnet/assgned ip addresses were changed to the factory default also; in fact, perhaps all cameras were reset to the same IP address. Try changing your subnet mask to 255.0.0.0 (I think---is that right fellas?) and then try to run the SADP tool again. Try to allow SADP to discover one (1) camera at a time.

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I just tried that but they still don't show in SADP.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Therefore, if all of your cameras have been set to 192.168.1.64 then connect ONE SINGLE CAMERA into the same network as your PC, change your PC to a unique static ip address in the 192.168.1.x and try to log into the camera at the 192.168.1.64 address.

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve plugged a camera into my computer, set my computers ip to 192.168.254.1 and I can now see the login page, but I don’t know what the password is. The forgotten password button isn’t much help, it just tells me ‘no answer for security question’. No other options.

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m confused too lol. I’ve got SADP latest and I can see the cam, but I can’t see a reset to default. There’s a forgotten password button, it wants to create a file to send to Hik but it fails to generate the file.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’m confused too lol. I’ve got SADP latest and I can see the cam, but I can’t see a reset to default. There’s a forgotten password button, it wants to create a file to send to Hik but it fails to generate the file.
The screenshot you posted above indicates that the cameras are OFFLINE.

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
Yea and it says user password error. Am I right in thinking that it set the admin password to each camera when you activate them? I didn’t realise this at the time I first plugged them in to test.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some months ago I did the same.
Plug your computer into one of the spare POE ports on the NVR this will allow SDAP to see all the cameras.
Unless you know your password you will not be able to edited the details via SDAP.
The SDAP tool will show you the cameras IP address if they are 192.168.254.* then you can edit the cameras IP address via the NVR configuration GUI so D1 = SDAP D1 etc
If you just plug and played for the first setup and never change the NVR password then your password will be the password that the cameras came with. In my case it was some like 12345678a or 123456789a or 1234567a
What I did was once the NVR IP address was the same as SDAP used the NVR configuration GUI edit function for a camera password and with trail and error on day four found what I had used. If the camera locks you after 5 attempts just unplug from the NVR then back in to try again. If this fails you will need to contact Hikvision USA more on this latter

Edit. Thinking back my first five cameras had a default password which I had to use for the NVR to make it plug and play. The last camera had no default password and was plug and play also to the existing NVR password.

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
254 is the nvr sub net for its Poe network
The newer cameras usually have a reset button so when seen on sadap at as 192.168.1.64
Each camera will default to this IP address.
Each camera that is reset add the same password for all the cameras eg make one password for everything the same.
So the first camera in sadap tick enable dhcp enter the password to modify the network parameters hit save then untick dhcp you camera will have a new IP address eg 192.168.1.55 lets say
Now go to that page in your nvr tap on d01 hit modify add the camera manually enter the IP address and password hit refresh then save
Do the same for each camera and under local tick virtual host
Then from that photo you posted you can access the camera web GUI
Will post a few pictures now

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
254.7 is plug and play in the back of the nvr 192.168.1.55 is manually added off a switch in the network

Attachments

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I looked inside the DS-2CD2342FWD it had no hard wired reset button.
Nick 1881 will still need his old password,or some means to reset it

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
I plugged the laptop to a poe port and loaded SADP, this is what I see, only two cameras connected still. I can see the ip address now. These cameras didn't come with a default password.

Can I use TFTP to reflash them back to default?

Last edited:

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Nick.
As you can see the NVR and Cameras IP address's do not match each other.

What I did was plug one camera in at a time and corrected it"s IP address at the NVR.

At present in the SDAP what happens if you click forget password.
Can you export a file which needs to be sent to Hikvision.

Edit: As your cameras had no default password and they were connected as plug and play they will have the temp password that was used for the NVR.

Last edited: