Locked out of camera - password error

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With the IP address matching unless you can guess your old password I would export the forget password files for all of your cameras to Nikvision USA support and ask them very nicely for there help.

If you do export the files you must then stop all attempts to recover your cameras and leave both the NVR power up with cameras attached and the laptop as well with the SDAP tool active.

This is where I failed and rebooted the NVR a number of times which made the files they supplied back useless.

They also classed my WR cameras as grey because I purchase then online, but as a one of they did support them.

Once you have recovered the cameras I suggest you log in to each and answer three self password reset questions which they added with firmware v5.5.0. and also the same for the NVR if it’s firmware supports it.

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I have sent the files to Hik support, hopefully they send me the unlock. I have all the cameras mounted now and cables routed apart from the ptz, they are all connected though and won't be touched until I have a reply from Hik.

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
Hik replied to me today, asked for more info, I sent it and they send the files, sadly they won't reset the cams, I get a message 'Failed to reset password - Other 2001'

I replied to support again but they are closed now.

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured it out, the computer has 2 network ports, I disabled the one that wasn't connected to the NVR and tried the files again and success!

All cameras unlocked and working. Just need to pole mount the PTZ now.

Thanks for all the help here, I can finally sleep tonight.

Just need to get the app working while away from home now. I forwarded all the ports but it's not working, will do some more reading.

edit - Remote view sorted :)

Last edited:

Nick1881

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah, I do actually have openvpn running already on my Asus router, I use it to view Sky Go while working abroad. Sadly other family members would struggle with it.

I'll give it some thought.

Thanks

Eporu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I'm having the exact same issue, i managed to send the files to hikvision and I'm waiting for a reply.. must probably the files wont work... I think I changed the connection configuration after sending them... however, my question is... based on the pictures, what is going to be the proper IP address to assign the cameras once I receive the codes?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
what is going to be the proper IP address to assign the cameras once I receive the codes?
I'm confused as to what you are showing in the NVR camera configuration.
If all the cameras are connected to NVR PoE ports - it looks like It looks you've changed the mode of 2 of the NVR channels to Manual and changed the target IP address to an invalid range.
You should change the NVR channel back to 'Plug&Play' and after the camera reset has been applied, the NVR will Activate the camera and configure the IP address on it automatically.

Eporu

n3wb
Reaction score
I am also confused, I was trying to change IP in manual mode to try hook them up, when I leave it on Plug&Play is where I see the user or passwords error.

Assuming I'm able to reset the cameras, if I want to use a manual IP, which range should I use based on the NVR configuration?

The attached is what I see when I connect my pc to an PoE port

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
if I want to use a manual IP, which range should I use based on the NVR configuration?
The NVR PoE interface is using the 192.168.254.x IP address range.
So when the NVR channel is in Manual mode, you could set the camera to any address in that range, say 192.168.254.20 and then in the NVR web GUI Camera Configuration menu set the corresponding channel IP address to match what you've set the camera to.