Log: Exception: IP Camera Disconnect,

branxo

n3wb
Reaction score
HI all, I have a DS-7104N-SN / P recorder with two ip cameras connected to the POE port:
new: ds-2cd2720f-i with firmware: 5.4.5 build 170123 and an older IP camera with older firmware that works perfectly and has no breaks.
New ds-2cd2720f-i has bugs: IP Camera Disconnect every couple of minutes. I'm crazy about it.I read on this forum that the new firmware 5.4.5 has problems with these interruptions so I add a ntp every 1 minute but no success, lots of network disconnection again ...IP camera have the latest firmware.
User from this forum: alastairstevenson had created a version of the IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.4.5_170123 firmware for R0 series that does not run this network checker program and put it on download: https://ipcamtalk.com/thread s/5-4-5-network-disconnected-exceptions.20280/page-2
Does anyone (maybe alastairstevenson, please :)) can do the same for the R2 series of cameras? thank you very much!

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
can do the same for the R2 series of cameras?
I've had a quick look at the R2 series 5.4.5 firmware and don't see the same network_deamon (sic) program within it.
I wonder if the network checker is implemented in a different way?

drunkntigr

n3wb
Reaction score
i can view the camera when i dial in but the nvr says IP CAMERA EXCEPTION

drunkntigr

n3wb
Reaction score
OH that seems to have fixed it. I'm not sure whether it's the manual dial or, or I changed the camera resolution to 720P instead of 2688x1520.

***Just tested it, yes it appears to be a resource issue. The old NVR couldn't handle the higher resolution. Changing to 720P did the trick.