Long time ago but I captured a coyote attack video

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since I just joined otherwise I would have shared it back then...

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Poor cat. Didn't look ok to me at the end, trying to run but running kind of sideways and limping. Those would have been two dead coyotes and I am not even a cat person. I just love animals, but those coyotes went out of their way to attack the cat. Looks like someone came out and scared them off, thought I saw a shadow of a person opening a door.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I lost my childhood pet to a scene just like this, by the time I made it outside all I found was her tail :miserable:

one of the Coyotes is deceased, the other 2 I still see from time to time and there days are numbered.. Ive been waging such an agressive, and extended war against them both me and my pyrenees have the scars to prove it. (Dog injured his self trying to recover the cats carcass and I've had tables turned and been the hunted)

The only good Yote, is a dead one.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that was me at the end who opened the garage door to scare them off. It was at 1am on a work day. The reason I noticed them was because I just upgraded an Android app and was checking out my cameras. I saw what I thought was a dog and decided to check it out. Turned out it was two coyotes. It was my neighbor's cat but I could't get a hold of him. Ended up driving him to the emergency vet. He made it.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tell me if none of my business but wondering if you made any coin from that video? The reason I ask is that on YouTube it states that the video is being managed by Newsflare.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Poor cat. Didn't look ok to me at the end, trying to run but running kind of sideways and limping. Those would have been two dead coyotes and I am not even a cat person. I just love animals, but those coyotes went out of their way to attack the cat. Looks like someone came out and scared them off, thought I saw a shadow of a person opening a door.
Went out of their way to attack? They are animals and hunting ones at that doing what nature made them to do. They don't have the mentality to say oh yeah hey can't touch that cat cause it's a humans pet. I don't get why people get all crazy on videos like this when animals hunt to survive just like humans. A responsible pet owner should keep their defenseless cat inside the house. Irony how we put laws place to protect domestic cats and dogs yet that one way street doesn't apply to what's been around longer then we have. Unless they are on your property killing cattle etc etc then let nature run its course

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Coyotes are pests, period. I will drop one of them over a domestic breed anytime. Pets sometimes get out when they want out. I do not know about that specific cat, but sometimes inside cats/dogs do get out. I did not get all crazy, I just stated what I would have done. Sorry if you read craziness into my comment.

Well, I have to retract that because it sounds like I would have used a gun. No, I would not in close quarters of houses. But I would have gone after them with a good old fashioned Louisville Slugger. :)

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A responsible pet owner should keep their defenseless cat inside the house
Agreed, and another reason to keep your cats inside.:
A study released this month by The Wildlife Society and the American Bird Conservancy suggests that nearly one-third of free-roaming house cats are capturing and killing wildlife
http://www.wildlifemanagementinstitute.org/index.php?option=com_content&id=610:new-research-suggests-outdoor-cats-kill-more-wildlife-than-thought&catid=34:ONB+Articles&Itemid=54

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Coyotes kill for fun and sport, not simply because they are hungry.. they are killers that will decimate all local wildlife if left unchecked, fact.. My cat was taken on trash day after 4th of July.. there bins lining the street full of bbq and leftovers that they didnt show a bit of interest in.. Ive seen them break into a bird coop and slaughter every creature, and eat nothing.

Humans been trying to eradicate Coyotes for hundreds of years, or more and have failed miserably.. fact

Coyotes living in Urban environments have no fear or respect for humans, you cant peacefully coexist with a predator that wont run from your presence.. if it were a bear, mountain lion or any other large predator.. what do we do when they get dependent on human activity and loose fear of humans? we put a bullet in their face because humans > animals.

If it were not for local house cats keeping the rabbit population in check, we would have an even larger coyote problem.. we have a nice large red fox population that dont take out anyone's pets and coexist peacefully in the neighborhood.. until the coyotes move in, then they kill a few fox cubs and chase them out of here.. a few weeks later all the rabbits are dead and pets start vanishing.

and I havent even gotten into Coywolfs, you think Coyotes are nasty.. they get worse.

personally, I will continue to do my part and attempt to take out every Coyote that crosses my path.. feral dogs running loose in a dence urban environment are a danger, and threat.. not some cuddly we have to coexist bullshit.. Ive been attacked by a pack of Coyotes, trust me.. they didnt think i was food, they wanted to kill me because I was trying to claim back my territory.

I grew up surrounded by Coyotes, and the remote ones living in the wild have a natural fear of humans and behave nothing like these urban raised ones that see humans as no threat at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wish this forum included a like button akin to what is on FB. For example I really liked what nayr said, but would be odd imho to Thank him for the content of his message. :)

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Went out of their way to attack? They are animals and hunting ones at that doing what nature made them to do. They don't have the mentality to say oh yeah hey can't touch that cat cause it's a humans pet. I don't get why people get all crazy on videos like this when animals hunt to survive just like humans. A responsible pet owner should keep their defenseless cat inside the house. Irony how we put laws place to protect domestic cats and dogs yet that one way street doesn't apply to what's been around longer then we have. Unless they are on your property killing cattle etc etc then let nature run its course
Agreed. People want to play the victims, but it's these wild animals that are the victims. Take care of your pet and it WILL NOT get out. If you want to have an "outdoor cat", don't be surprised when something happens to it.

It most places it is legal for your pet to be outside on your property, but once it has set foot on someone else's, the animal is still trespassing. Anyone letting their pets trespass are being irresponsible owners.

We have many cats that come and kill for fun on our property. I have to pick up the carcasses. Whether the coyotes do it for fun or not, the cats do the same. If someone is threatening to shoot coyotes outside, why not also shoot the cats doing the exact same thing to other animals lower on the food chain? Both nuisances.

If there wasn't so much food, the coyotes would go elsewhere. Around here they stick around for a reason - irresponsible owners not containing their pets - the coyotes aren't where all the rabbits and squirrels are located.

I know farmers have their own issues, but this is obviously a residential area - doesn't apply.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my 'outdoor' cat was 16 years old, and its outdoor activities were limited to sleeping on the back patio in the summer via cat door.. never left my back yard or trespassed anywhere.. they trespassed into my yard, over my 7ft privacy fence..

but keep telling your self that nonsence when your surrounded by 3 angry dogs taking bites at yeh because you tried to haze one off at 2am.. poor victims getting harassed by the human, why cant they just kill in peace.. they have attacked children in my town, taken pets off leashes before owner even stood a chance of knowing what was going on and slaughter geese so rapidly at the local parks the rangers actually hunt them there.

farmers have the ability to shoot the fuckers, I do not.. even in my yard, discharging a firearm is illegal.. farmers can instill fear by taking a few out every now and again.. residential area just has to tolerate them? bullshit, im smack dab in the middle of 3 million people.. wild packs of dogs lost there ground long time ago.. there is nothing natural about this area, its all man made.. so whats allowing them to roam accomplish? jack shit.

We decided letting people's dogs run loose was socially unacceptable and will take your dog and put it down if it gets picked up.. yet oh poor coyotes, they have no place left in all the world, so few remain... waaaabluance

Last edited by a moderator:

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Agreed. People want to play the victims, but it's these wild animals that are the victims. Take care of your pet and it WILL NOT get out. If you want to have an "outdoor cat", don't be surprised when something happens to it.

It most places it is legal for your pet to be outside on your property, but once it has set foot on someone else's, the animal is still trespassing. Anyone letting their pets trespass are being irresponsible owners.

We have many cats that come and kill for fun on our property. I have to pick up the carcasses. Whether the coyotes do it for fun or not, the cats do the same. If someone is threatening to shoot coyotes outside, why not also shoot the cats doing the exact same thing to other animals lower on the food chain? Both nuisances.

If there wasn't so much food, the coyotes would go elsewhere. Around here they stick around for a reason - irresponsible owners not containing their pets - the coyotes aren't where all the rabbits and squirrels are located.

I know farmers have their own issues, but this is obviously a residential area - doesn't apply.
Bwhahahahahaha...
"Take care of your pet and it WILL NOT get out."
Even responsible owners will have an escapee sometimes. Evidently you lead a nice quiet life with no dogs or cats. It is amazing how sneaky and fast they can be. It is amazing how they can shoot between departing companies legs, or grandchildren wanting to "help" because the dog/cat asked them to let them out, or any number of reasons. Luckily I live on an acre of which 3/4's of it is chain linked fenced. I have 3 dogs, a boxer pit, a dwarf pit, and a pug. The pug I don't worry about getting out because he is 15 years old and slow. But the other two can be like greased pigs if they see something outside that catches their attention when someone opens the door unexpectedly and is not prepared for the bum rush. But even though we are fenced in if my dogs are out, I am out with them because there are wild critters that get in our yard.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my 'outdoor' cat was 16 years old, and its outdoor activities were limited to sleeping on the back patio in the summer via cat door.. never left my back yard or trespassed anywhere.. they trespassed into my yard, over my 7ft privacy fence..

but keep telling your self that nonsence when your surrounded by 3 angry dogs taking bites at yeh because you tried to haze one off at 2am.. poor victims getting harassed by the human, why cant they just kill in peace.. they have attacked children in my town, taken pets off leashes before owner even stood a chance of knowing what was going on and slaughter geese so rapidly at the local parks the rangers actually hunt them there.

farmers have the ability to shoot the fuckers, I do not.. even in my yard, discharging a firearm is illegal.. farmers can instill fear by taking a few out every now and again.. residential area just has to tolerate them? bullshit, im smack dab in the middle of 3 million people.. wild packs of dogs lost there ground long time ago.. there is nothing natural about this area, its all man made.. so whats allowing them to roam accomplish? jack shit.

We decided letting people's dogs run loose was socially unacceptable and will take your dog and put it down if it gets picked up.. yet oh poor coyotes, they have no place left in all the world, so few remain... waaaabluance
As humbling as you are nayr you're trespassing on their land they were around far long them the human race. BTW we are talking coyotes not domestic dogs attacking people two different situations stay on track just saying

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bwhahahahahaha...
"Take care of your pet and it WILL NOT get out."
Even responsible owners will have an escapee sometimes. Evidently you lead a nice quiet life with no dogs or cats. It is amazing how sneaky and fast they can be. It is amazing how they can shoot between departing companies legs, or grandchildren wanting to "help" because the dog/cat asked them to let them out, or any number of reasons. Luckily I live on an acre of which 3/4's of it is chain linked fenced. I have 3 dogs, a boxer pit, a dwarf pit, and a pug. The pug I don't worry about getting out because he is 15 years old and slow. But the other two can be like greased pigs if they see something outside that catches their attention when someone opens the door unexpectedly and is not prepared for the bum rush. But even though we are fenced in if my dogs are out, I am out with them because there are wild critters that get in our yard.
I disagree i have 3 dogs currently and far move over the years and have not let any of my dogs escape. No different then a child always watching what they get into. Not to mention if half the people took the time to actually attend training their pets aka dogs they chances are even less they will try to run

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well then, we will have to agree to disagree. Dogs, cats are a heck of a lot faster than children plus they are forever two year olds.
Yes dogs can be trained, but instinct over turns training at times. Like my pits are very protective, they think that possoms, rabbits, snakes, turtles, birds, etc... do not belong in their yard. They will heel, come, stay, etc... but all bets are off if they think there is a "monster" trying to get us. lol
Ever train a cat? :)

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As usual, people want to play the victim and take no responsibility. Have had many pets, up to three dogs/cats at one time. Currently have one young dog. None ever escape as I know they can't be protected when they leave the land I own. Going to fetch them, I would likely be trespassing. I know of around a dozen households of friends and family with indoor cats this day - the cats have no interest of getting out as they aren't let out - they don't know what's out there. Other households I know let their cats outside - I don't make a deal of it, but when they complain about their cat coming back injured, I just leave so I don't have to listen to their idiocy. But hey, it's fine if you let them out - just don't be surprised when they're pulled apart by coyotes, raccoons, or other predatory animals, find disease or injury, or killed by a human.

So someone finds a bad coyote and wants to shoot them all. Why not start shooting random people - there are also many bad ones out there. People will claim there's a huge difference between an animal and human - people think higher-level. What about those that fail to develop normally and have around the same mental capacity as a dog - should they be killed? People will contradict themselves over and over again.

Many studies have been done on these predators of domestic pets, and quite a few are available online. Remove them and other wildlife numbers flourish - some beneficial and some a hindrance to certain peoples' lives or jobs. Studies show that cats are overall detrimental to the ecosystem, although most focus on bird populations more than other animal populations, and further along the chain.

I know many people ignore logic, and they see no problem with leaving their tiny part of a plat, trespassing on land they don't own. Once people realize they don't have the legal right to encroach on others' land unless it is public, they may begin to actually start protecting their family members that cannot comprehend what boundaries are. If this wasn't an issue, we wouldn't feel the need to install surveillance cameras.

But you know, just keep a narrow view in the world and shut out what you don't personally agree with. Historically, that always works out for the best...

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lucky you Masejoer and the peeps around you are lucky.

As for the rest of you post I think your train got derailed somewhere down the line at the switch station of apples and oranges.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Coyotes with a fear of humans are fine in my book. Any coyote I meet without that fear is a dead coyote if I can manage it. If it isn't afraid of me it'll soon be hunting me or someone less able to defend themselves.