Long Time Listener, First Time Caller - Dahua/Empire 4k Color Cams

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
How would you guys deal with this type of lighting situation, where you have a very bright area lit by direct sunlight, and a shaded area? The area of focus for this camera is the front porch, in the shaded area. I already increased the exposure settings to a bit on the + side of things, to overexpose the driveway, and get a slightly brighter porch. Is this a situation where WRD would be a good idea?

View attachment 117229
Yep I have 2 or 3 areas like that that require WDR. As @wittaj mentions, use it sparingly. 10-12 usually does the trick

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2. The live video, and playback, is choppy using the web interface in IE and also with SmartPSS. There seems to be a fixed time that the video/audio glitches, almost like a glitch every second or 1.5 seconds. My networks is all hardwired like this: CAT6A directly from each cam to the NVR. CAT6A from NVR to network switch. CAT6A from switch to my PC.
Still experiencing this issue, can anyone help with this? Exported video in .mp4 format from SmartPSS is nice and smooth.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems as though some recent changes in Blue iris have caused some issue(s) with the Webserver running UI3. I'm not up to speed on the details. but I've been hearing grumblings. I wasn't experiencing any of the issues being complained about....UNTIL,,,,I paid up on my expired subscription and chose a newer version of BI. Why? because it wasn't broke. Now I'm see what your taking about.
I'm wonder if I can backtrack to the older version of BI....5.4.7.11 and unfuck myself.
But I have a concurrent issue at the Condo where the Property manager company has twice now had the Centurylink service interupted for non payment.
Without going into too much boring detail. I swapped the 2 Centurylink routers around thinking my line was dead or seeing if the problem moved with the device.
So long story short the line is good. but one router is on a Payment hold. Fucking fuck.
So the second router doesn't seem to send the stream as smoothly to my phone. the " line status" shows " marginal" whereas the other device's line status showed " good"
what the fuck.
SO before I go blaming @bp2008 or BI or anybody,,,,I gotta get the fucking fucks at the Prop mgmnt co...to get their shit together.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@Flintstone61 You can roll bakc with no problem. Just download the version you want from the "vault", double click on the file and you'll be good to go. For whatever it's worth I'm on 5.5.7.11 and it's solid.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Flintstone61 You can roll bakc with no problem. Just download the version you want from the "vault", double click on the file and you'll be good to go. For whatever it's worth I'm on 5.5.7.11 and it's solid.
Same version here, 5.5.7.11 and no issue's.
I tend to stay away from the beta bleeding edge versions.