Looking at 2 8MP Dome cameras & unsure on spec

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was looking for a 8MP dome camera with vari-focal lens. I'm new to IP cameras and have bought 2 new 2019 4MP 5442 models already from EmpireTech. Received the first one yesterday, Thanks Andy. :)
I was considering these 2 below. (Want a very good video for mainly day time, possibility to maybe read number plates plus good night too)
Security IP Camera CCTV 8MP WDR IR Dome Network Camera Without Logo IIPC-HDBW5831E-ZE
&
Dome Camera IPC-HDBW2831R-ZS 8MP WDR IR Dome Network Camera

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

I noticed one has a "Focus Control - Motorized" and the other "Focus Control - Fixed"
I want to use it outdoors and wondering which may be better? If it can make a big difference between these 2?

Lense type is slightly different too "Lens Type - Motorized/ Auto Iris(DC)" and "Lens Type - Motorized"

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was looking for a 8MP dome camera with vari-focal lens. I'm new to IP cameras and have bought 2 new 2019 4MP 5442 models already from EmpireTech. Received the first one yesterday, Thanks Andy. :)
I was considering these 2 below. (Want a very good video for mainly day time, possibility to maybe read number plates plus good night too)
Security IP Camera CCTV 8MP WDR IR Dome Network Camera Without Logo IIPC-HDBW5831E-ZE
&
Dome Camera IPC-HDBW2831R-ZS 8MP WDR IR Dome Network Camera

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

I noticed one has a "Focus Control - Motorized" and the other "Focus Control - Fixed"
I want to use it outdoors and wondering which may be better? If it can make a big difference between these 2?

Lense type is slightly different too "Lens Type - Motorized/ Auto Iris(DC)" and "Lens Type - Motorized"
Welcome.
On a real computer, study this: Cliff notes
And read the LPR subject area.
Read the many reviews available here.

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome.
On a real computer, study this: Cliff notes
And read the LPR subject area.
Read the many reviews available here.
Some great info in there! Thanks. Will definitely be referencing that one all the time.
Could not find a LPR section though.

Anyone bought/used 2 similar Vari-focal cameras, one with fixed and one with Auto Iris and notice a difference or have an opinion which one may be better out of the 2 I listed?

Last edited: