Looking for a good indoor wifi ptz camera.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking to replace some foscam wireless PTZ cameras for indoors. My house is kind of dark so it needs to be able to handle that.

thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking to replace some foscam wireless PTZ cameras for indoors. My house is kind of dark so it needs to be able to handle that.

thanks!
Do you need pt? Generally, you a better off with a wide angle fixed camera. This hikvision cube has a pir sensor and hikvisions advanced motion (that can be used with blue iris). They have good wifi and are solid. The only issue with them is that they tend to stay in night mode in low light situations (you can use blue iris scheduling to control the day/night if you wish)
If you must have PT, you can look at this camera http://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-ProHD-Wireless-Security-Camera/dp/B0145OQTPG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1445173430&sr=1-1&keywords=amcrest
Its imported by the same guys who import foscam, so that is a concern for me. On the plus side, the firmware looks like its dahua, dont know about the optics...
Personally I would go with the hikvsion.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks. i may not. i guess i was just thinking of my existing foscams. i do have one i use it on but i could probably get around that.

znation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New 4mp pt hikvision cam (ordered one) : DS-2CD2F42FWD-IWS

Last edited by a moderator: