Looking for a programm to watch a 265 Stream from TPTEK IP cam

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I´m using a Tptek IP camera and Huawei Mate Laptop with Win10 Pro. The Tptek cam is saving Alarmstreams on a NAS as .265 files. These files are not accepted by Windows media Playeer and/or similar programs as e.g. Potplayer.
Can someone give me a help how to proceed in this matter?

Unfortunately sending an example of such a file is not accepted here.

Thanks for every help!

Cyanno

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you wanted only to watch (as stated by your post's title) or record AND the cam can provide a RTSP stream, then VLC would be a good choice.
If so try these URLs with VLC; be sure to place TWO "/" after "RTSP" and the colon:
Code:
rtsp:/username:password@camera-IP:554/1/h264major

rtsp:/username:password@camera-IP:554/0/h264major

rtsp:/username:password@camera-IP:554/11
NOTE: If no RTSP stream can be found, then VLC is also supposed to play H265 files themselves anyway. Give it a try!

Last edited:

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
@TonyR,
thanks for your reply. But perhaps I was not very clear in my question. I do not have a problem viewing the streams with the Tptek utility. I´m using this camera during hatching of birds. All alarm streams are stored in my NAS as *.265 files. Unfortunately I cannot open these files in my PC using other programs as VLC, Potplayer or Windows Media Player.

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
My problem is solved. Using the Media Player Classic - Home Cinema was the answer!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR,
thanks for your reply. But perhaps I was not very clear in my question. I do not have a problem viewing the streams with the Tptek utility. I´m using this camera during hatching of birds. All alarm streams are stored in my NAS as *.265 files. Unfortunately I cannot open these files in my PC using other programs as VLC, Potplayer or Windows Media Player.
sounds like you need 265 codecs for the applications ..

example:

cyanno

n3wb
Reaction score
@TonyR
seems we were only few minutes away from each other! Although my initial problem is solved, i still have a interest in how to use and insert a codec. Your solution is also valuable for Windows? An yes can you help me where to find the necessary info?

Regards,
Leo