Looking for an 8MP Dahua camera with Ai for vehicle and person detection

addertay

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Dahua camera that is 4K and supports Ai for vehicle or person detection when setting up a trip wire or intrusion? preferably also with a built in mic around the $200 range. I purchased an IPC-HDW5831R-ZE that I really like but it does not have the AI option. Using this with a Dahua N52B3P4 NVR.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AI is overrated at this time.

More megapixel is not necessarily better.
Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras if you need good low light cameras.
Camera Sensor size, bigger is general better Sensor Size Chart
Camera lens size, a bigger number give more range but less field of view. Which Security Camera Lens Size Should I Buy?
verify your camera placement, have a friend wearing a hoodie, ball cap and sunglasses looking down approach the house, can you identify them ?
If you want to be able to ID faces, don't mount cams higher than 7ft. You want to know who did it, not just what happened.
Use a variable focuses camera to start, to test lens, lighting.

IPC-HDW5442t-ZE .... Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE 4MP Varifocal Turret - Night Perfomance testing -- variable focus 4 MP Starlight

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agree AI is a bit overrrtaed, but I do have multiple Dahua cameras with the basic Human/Vehicle detection working very well.