Looking for dahu authorized resellers to sell to residential

Ihbond

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi folks;
Still doing some research on cameras, pir, Poe, nvr, heck even cat5 vs cat 6 cables.
I have called the boards vendor, just wondering who else carries Dahua line of cameras. Thinking of sticking with this company due to the affordability and what they have to offer. Solely what I have taken in so far from this board.
Would like to know if anyone carries most of this stuff in nw. But might have to go online. Did call ADI and got nowhere with them. Oh well
Any insight. Thanks>..
Ian

CYANiDE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nelly's has referred customers to me so I can't complain. Their tech support is excellent and I obviously buy from them when they refer a customer. Are you trying to resell to customers? If you are fairly technical you will see some savings buying in bulk from Alibaba/AliExpress but will usually have 1 DOA in each batch.

Ihbond

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re
Nelly's has referred customers to me so I can't complain. Their tech support is excellent and I obviously buy from them when they refer a customer. Are you trying to resell to customers? If you are fairly technical you will see some savings buying in bulk from Alibaba/AliExpress but will usually have 1 DOA in each batch.
Just looking to build a system for my house..I do t mind saving money from the alis's just try to support shops here in the states if possible..
hope that helps.......
Thanks for the quick reply

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi folks;
Still doing some research on cameras, pir, Poe, nvr, heck even cat5 vs cat 6 cables.
I have called the boards vendor, just wondering who else carries Dahua line of cameras. Thinking of sticking with this company due to the affordability and what they have to offer. Solely what I have taken in so far from this board.
Would like to know if anyone carries most of this stuff in nw. But might have to go online. Did call ADI and got nowhere with them. Oh well
Any insight. Thanks>..
Ian
Where are you based? I know a good company based in the UK. Only just found out that they're a distributor for Dahua as well

Ihbond

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Located in Washington state , USA

B&h. Good to know thanks

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Funny you should be talking about Dahua re-sellers, Dahua USA had changed it distribution network and if you want authorized equipment with a three year warranty you will be paying through the Teeth. Nelly's told me they will be dropping there dahua line last month. I just bought 5 bullets from a company called Esentia and they are Authorized dahua resellers. They worked with me on price. B&H, as fenderman said is also a good solid company but pricey.

Ihbond

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. Nellys told me the same as well.
B&h is a good company I have bought many of camera and video lenses through them.
I guess I'm leaning towards Dahua because I heard there camera and nvr setup is more apple firmware friendly.. that might be a misconception they told me, but starting off with that premis

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
In spite of all the bad press they have had as of late with security stuff, their cameras and DVR/NVR's minus a few minor flaws have been pretty good to me.
I only want to climb that ladder once or go up in a bucket truck once. As a lot of other guys here, I have been in the IT field for a very long time and a master of nothing (not saying we do not have masters here) but every day its something new and I use to come in behind security installers and help them hook up to my clients networks. I can say for sure that the dahua analog stuff that was installed in 2010 is still running 24/7 and the first major install i did back in 2012 is still running round the clock. I do not want to hex myself here but all the cameras I installed have had a ZERO failure rate. Cameras are not by bread and butter but you stick with what works. Dahua is solid hardware and a good choice for the price. Their management software is really good and all the shit works together. Some here will also say that their IOS and mobile apps are pretty friendly and stable also. In my real world experience, I can make the case that it is a good choice for the money. Good luck with your project.

Ihbond

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to hear your honest opinion\experience with this brand.

On a seperate note (sorry bad forum etiquette I'm sure)
I Was also thinking of maybe doing BI on a dedicated windows client machine instead of NVR. Uptime, stability, system integration pros or cons...has anyone done a deep dive or white paper comparing theses ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear your honest opinion\experience with this brand.

On a seperate note (sorry bad forum etiquette I'm sure)
I Was also thinking of maybe doing BI on a dedicated windows client machine instead of NVR. Uptime, stability, system integration pros or cons...has anyone done a deep dive or white paper comparing theses ?
BI will be much more flexible than a standalone nvr...there are several threads that discuss the differences...BI is just as stable as any nvr...Follow these simple rules..install on a CLEAN windows machine, dedicate the machine to BI, disable auto update and update blue iris after the release has been out for a few days and only if you need the new features....I have 20+ BI machines running smoothly and without issue.

Ihbond

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so install on bare metal machine and no push updates.
Thanks