Looking for energy efficient POE or WIFI cameras to run with battery/solar and no subscription crap.

Sillared

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking to run some either poe or wifi cameras in the yard as security/critter cams with Blue Iris. Have a couple POE generic Dahuas that work great, but looking for more energy effciency because this will be powered by solar/batteries. Currently running a
IPC-T2431T-AS 2.8mm and IPC-T3241T-ZAS with a switch and wireless bridge. Total draw is 1-1.2 amps @12v. Cameras work great, but trying to cut energy consumption to not need as big of batteries or solar panels to power. Open to dedicated solar/wifi cameras if they work and dont go to sleep/need a subscription/cloud...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Plenty of threads discussing it. Here are few. A consumer grade camera will not cut it and you would have to build your own with battery packs taking up the size of half a VW lol. The cost to do it right far exceeds the cost of running wire.

Solar powered outdoor wifi camera
I'm looking for a Solar powered outdoor wifi camera that connects to a wifi access point, and has a local storage, cloud backup would be a plus any info would be great

Any battery powered no internet cameras?
I need to buy a few cameras for my work but i dont think what i need exists on the market. I need 3 outdoor wireless cameras with around 50ft range, for local surveillance that dont require internet or any kind of wires. So they need to have some kind of battery. And then i would need a monitor...
ipcamtalk.com

Wireless Outdoor Camera Selection
Is any one aware of an Outdoor camera available that has: IP65 Rugged rain Proof No Wires needed. WiFi with solar or Lithium ION power. NO APPS Required, No Android no proprietary hardware, Constant streaming, not motion activated. Night Vision. Audio collection preferred. 30 to 50ft...
ipcamtalk.com

Solar powered outdoor wifi camera
I'm looking for a Solar powered outdoor wifi camera that connects to a wifi access point, and has a local storage, cloud backup would be a plus any info would be great
ipcamtalk.com

Rural camera system advice
Hi all, New to the forum and thanks in advance. So I have a 70 acre ranch in Texas and I find myself upgrading my system due to Q-See exiting the business and I would like advice on some “upgrades”. I currently have 16 cameras spread out over about a 1/4 mile from the main house. I just...
ipcamtalk.com

Feasibility of license plate reading at my house
I live on a corner of a kind of busy road and quiet neighborhood street. If possible, I'd like to place a camera that was able to capture license plates of cars coming and going. There is a stop sign, so it should be pretty easy to capture I would think. The issues are that I don't have ethernet...
ipcamtalk.com

Sillared

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what Im currently using. 4 100w panels,2 cams, wifi adapter, switch. 1-1.2a draw. Need to improve panel location for the 45th parallel.

Look for creating your own setup with a larger solar panel to feed a PoE camera ..