Any battery powered no internet cameras?

Mrsmiths

n3wb
Reaction score
I need to buy a few cameras for my work but i dont think what i need exists on the market. I need 3 outdoor wireless cameras with around 50ft range, for local surveillance that dont require internet or any kind of wires. So they need to have some kind of battery. And then i would need a monitor so i can watch live indoors. No need to record anything, just live surveillance.

I found this Sequro Guardpro cctv system that comes with a wireless monitor and its almost exactly what i need but unfortunately the cameras are AC powered. Is there anything like this but with battery powered cameras?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
actually the go pro meets your requirement as well if you can secure it properly and not afraid of it being stolen.
most importantly it supports live streaming.

Mrsmiths

n3wb
Reaction score
Would it be possible to pair a wireless camera like this one for example:

With a NVR monitor that has wireless antennas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to pair a wireless camera like this one for example:

With a NVR monitor that has wireless antennas?
No these are toys. Even if you could the battery would be dead in 30 min.
IF you really need this capability hire someone to run ethernet cables to the camera locations. Problem solved.

Mrsmiths

n3wb
Reaction score
I meant that one just as an example, but it could be a more expensive camera instead.
Unfortunately i cant run any cables to the cameras positions. Its strange that theres many wireless cameras with built in batteries sold separately and then wireless NVR monitors too but not both sold together.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I meant that one just as an example, but it could be a more expensive camera instead.
Unfortunately i cant run any cables to the cameras positions. Its strange that theres many wireless cameras with built in batteries sold separately and then wireless NVR monitors too but not both sold together.
Its not strange at all. Those wireless cameras with built in batteries have do not constantly stream to an NVR. The battery only lasts 30min to a few hours of continuous recording. It uses a motion sensor to trigger the camera to turn on.
Perhaps you cannot run cable but a professional can. All you need is a single ethernet run per camera.
Alternatively you can build your own solar setup .

Mrsmiths

n3wb
Reaction score
Its not strange at all. Those wireless cameras with built in batteries have do not constantly stream to an NVR. The battery only lasts 30min to a few hours of continuous recording. It uses a motion sensor to trigger the camera to turn on.
Perhaps you cannot run cable but a professional can. All you need is a single ethernet run per camera.
Alternatively you can build your own solar setup .
I have seen solar powered cameras too, would it be possible to pair any of them to a monitor with no wires? I only need live stream no need to record anything.
Im a night guard responsible to look out for 3 entrances but i cant watch all of them at once. There is no power near the entrances and thats why i cant have wires.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen solar powered cameras too, would it be possible to pair any of them to a monitor with no wires? I only need live stream no need to record anything.
Im a night guard responsible to look out for 3 entrances but i cant watch all of them at once. There is no power near the entrances and thats why i cant have wires.
You understand that you dont need power at the entrances. You need someone to run ethernet cable. That cable will transmit both data and power.
A cheap junk solar camera wont work. You need a powerful battery to stream constantly. You will also need a wifi bridge or a point to point wireless setup for reliable transmission. That is why a simple ethernet cable will solve all your problems.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many threads talking about solar (or lack thereof without being expensive custom units). Here are a few recent ones:

Mrsmiths

n3wb
Reaction score
From the answers it seems what i need doesnt exist in the market. I would need cables and i cant have them. Pity because cameras would make my job much more efficient.
Well thanks for everyones help anyway.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From the answers it seems what i need doesnt exist in the market. I would need cables and i cant have them. Pity because cameras would make my job much more efficient.
Well thanks for everyones help anyway.
It doesnt exist because what you are asking for is technically impossible.

Mrsmiths

n3wb
Reaction score
It doesnt exist because what you are asking for is technically impossible.
Yeah i dont undertand anything about security cameras, i thought it was possible because i saw that Sequro GuarPro and its exactly what i needed with the only difference be having a rechargeable battery instead of being AC powered cameras. The monitor itself has a battery so i thought maybe the same thing exists for the cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah i dont undertand anything about security cameras, i thought it was possible because i saw that Sequro GuarPro and its exactly what i needed with the only difference be having a rechargeable battery instead of being AC powered cameras. The monitor itself has a battery so i thought maybe the same thing exists for the cameras.
The guardpro cannot do what you need on batteries. Otherwise they have magic battery technology that they should sell to tesla for billions.
You can have a rechargable battery, building it with the links provided. You will need a huge battery and solar panels to charge them up.

Mrsmiths

n3wb
Reaction score
The guardpro cannot do what you need on batteries. Otherwise they have magic battery technology that they should sell to tesla for billions.
You can have a rechargable battery, building it with the links provided. You will need a huge battery and solar panels to charge them up.
I understand. Well if they could last for a few hours a day i wouldnt mind it but if its just 30m like you said they would be useless.
Oh well, no cameras then...