Looking for feedback and testing of my Dahua Home Assistant integration (via HACS)

Reaction score
This is a breaking change

0.9.21 is released. It'll start firing the binary sensor for human detection if you have enable that sensor and have enabled human detection with your cam.

I tested the functionality (updated using HACS) but the named entity did not respond.

Reaction score
@quasistatistiek you may not have your camera configured for human detection. It’s pretty tricky to setup the cam.
Out of curiosity Mr Run... If I pressed a door unlock on one of the VTH's to lock/unlock my Schlage Z-Wave, does this integration recognize that button press? I can't remember what all entities this integration keeps an eye on.

Reaction score
@quasistatistiek you may not have your camera configured for human detection. It’s pretty tricky to setup the cam.
Included my setup. If I filter in the camera on "human detection"it shows my last test at 20:45. I get a message in the app (Iphone) that a human is detected.
But nothing in HA (only "normal"human detection which is also active.

Attachments

Reaction score
This is the initial release, you’ll have to manually add the repo to your HACS integration until it’s officially added (that’s pending a PR review)

It doesn’t support PTZ yet becaise I don’t have a cam to test with.

Seeking feedback on anything that’s broke and missing features/services you’d like to have built in. Thanks!!!

taking a look at different services in the integration, now that I'm home.
some other integrations have the ability to lock/unlock a door. unsure if those are done via i/o terminal to a magnetic/electric lock?
I wonder if it is related to the dahua.vto_open_door service.
Some other research has folks doing python coding that when the lock icon on a VTH is pressed, their wifi/zwave door unlocks/locks.
But I see no service in this integration for that ability. Could that be an option?
To be clear, I'm asking if it is possible to add a service that when the lock/unlock icon is pressed during a video call on the VTH, it would be able to lock/unlock a smart door lock that is already integrated into HA.

Reaction score
taking a look at different services in the integration, now that I'm home.
some other integrations have the ability to lock/unlock a door. unsure if those are done via i/o terminal to a magnetic/electric lock?
I wonder if it is related to the dahua.vto_open_door service.
Some other research has folks doing python coding that when the lock icon on a VTH is pressed, their wifi/zwave door unlocks/locks.
But I see no service in this integration for that ability. Could that be an option?
To be clear, I'm asking if it is possible to add a service that when the lock/unlock icon is pressed during a video call on the VTH, it would be able to lock/unlock a smart door lock that is already integrated into HA.
I don’t understand why you want to integrate everything in one service. Home assistant is made to combine different services and entities really easy. Again with node red I do this. A button press or even me entering a certain area (Bluetooth /WiFi) can open doors, screens, etc. I can talk to Google assistant and open doors and Windows.

Reaction score
I don’t understand why you want to integrate everything in one service. Home assistant is made to combine different services and entities really easy. Again with node red I do this. A button press or even me entering a certain area (Bluetooth /WiFi) can open doors, screens, etc. I can talk to Google assistant and open doors and Windows.
well, what's the whole point of this integration if it could all be done in Node-Red? NR has it's purpose for sure but I want to see this integration grow.

Reaction score
well, what's the whole point of this integration if it could all be done in Node-Red? NR has it's purpose for sure but I want to see this integration grow.
The integration is to be able to receive messages or handle functionality native available in Dahua cameras or bells. So if the button press from a bell is going to HA this is the meaning of the integration. What you do with it is the automation. It is much easier because of the number of functionality that are possible. Like I said the Dahua Human detection (that is still not working :( ) goes to HA. There I check time, lux values, etc. To trigger the porch light. I even cast the video to all Google Nest devices and send a picture to the email. But maybe I did not understand your question. Sorry then.

papinist

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe that you are talking about the same thing :) Holbs is asking (if I understood correctly) if this integration could implement a service that 'knows' when the ulock button on the VTH is pressed. "VTH" is the indoor monitor used with Dahua intercoms. HA already 'knows' when a button on the VTO is pressed, and we can integrate it in automations. Holbs is asking if we could also let HA knows when a button on the indoor monitor is pressed.

Reaction score
I believe that you are talking about the same thing :) Holbs is asking (if I understood correctly) if this integration could implement a service that 'knows' when the ulock button on the VTH is pressed. "VTH" is the indoor monitor used with Dahua intercoms. HA already 'knows' when a button on the VTO is pressed, and we can integrate it in automations. Holbs is asking if we could also let HA knows when a button on the indoor monitor is pressed.
Ahhhh ok then I did not understand correctly and we are totally in agreement! Maybe he could just cast to nest devices and open using voice. I am to lazy to walk to the door ;)

Reaction score
Is this actually possible? It would be so cool :)
Yes I have this working. I am using Blue Iris to create a url that is accepted by Google. And use node red to cast based on variables. For example if motion is detected. I therefore need human motion because I don’t need the nest going on if there is no human or car.

papinist

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't want to be too much OT.. do you have a link where I could find info about that? ATM I only have the rtsp stream from my doorbell...

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry busy with work and got sick
I’ll get back to this as soon as I can

Reaction score
Don't want to be too much OT.. do you have a link where I could find info about that? ATM I only have the rtsp stream from my doorbell...
Yes will share soon. Just Google on Blue Iris to cast to Google nest hub. There is also software on Linux. This software creates a local link to use because rtsp does not work for casting. Node red you can cast to any devices using the cast palette just Google on “node red cast to Google” there is a great YouTube video to use any trigger. So my trigger is motion on driveway, then cast to Google nest and play tekst.

Jason889

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having an issue getting this setup:

I have HACS installed and added the Dahua integration in HACS. but when I follow the rest of the instruction for home assistant configuration Dahua DOES NOT show up when adding an integration.

1. Now the integration is added to HACS and available in the normal HA integration installation, so...
  2. In the HA left menu, click Configuration
  3. Click Integrations
  4. Click ADD INTEGRATION
  5. Type Dahua and select it
These are the exact instructions I followed in the documentation. I can confirm Dahua was added in HACS as I now have the Dahua entry under my custom components folder. Is there something I am missing to add this within the Configuration menu? Yes I did restart my server multiple times and tried re-adding the HACS integration. Any suggestions?

Magren

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm unable to call the service to change night/day mode against my 5442R-ASE-NI
Seeing this in the log:
Cam does not support profile mode. Will use mode 0

and

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.dahua
Source: custom_components/dahua/init.py:231
Integration: Dahua (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:21:30 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:21:30

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has found a way to send a snapshot to HA upon crossline/human/etc. detection?