Looking for feedback and testing of my Dahua Home Assistant integration (via HACS)

Reaction score
Maybe Iám just doing something wrong. I have a Dahua IPC-5442T and installed the component using HACS. Great work.
In the app I only receive alarms based on human or vehicle detecting because I think the normal detection is not reliable.The following entities are available. But "binary_sensor.dahua_camera_smart_motion_human" never receives any alarms. Please advise!

Attachments

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured out the smart human detection. I need to test a little more and I’ll release a fix

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a breaking change

0.9.21 is released. It'll start firing the binary sensor for human detection if you have enable that sensor and have enabled human detection with your cam.

Reaction score
just tried out the integreation's schedule change via lux sensor in my weather station. That works! However, is there a way to add a 3rd option to

mode
The profile: Day, Night

to include 'toggle'? so that if in day mode, it toggles to night. if in night mode, toggle to day? That way, I can setup a single automation instead of one for day, and one for night. I have the toggle working for my outdoor light automation.

Reaction score
With node red I have lux sensors and that combined with outside temp and rain managed my screens/covers. But motion detection manages combined with time and lux the light on my porch.

Reaction score
Ok, I like the visual programming and the use of nodes. This is not possible with HA. I use a blind node that calculates the sun and only closes the blind when the sun is in the window. But to be honest when several userstories where not possible I moved everything over.

Reaction score
I may use Node-Red on some things that do not make logical sense with the HA automation method (other than going straight YAML which is beyond me). I still have to find a way to bring the variable temp number from my weather station, into the Dahua integration so that the temp and/or wind is displayed in all cameras with updates every 10-15 minutes.

Reaction score
“In” the camera? For what purpose?
I have a weather station that connects to the internet. Home assistant through API brings that information onto the home screen. I currently use the lux sensor to change profiles and to set outdoor lighting on Z-Wave switches. With this integration I should be able to also pull the current temperature and wind to be displayed on the camera images.