Looking for Hikvision 5.2.5 or 5.2.8 firmware

lewislitt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently bricked a camera after downgrading it from 5.2.8 to 5.2.0. I have tried tftping all firmwares (5.1.6, 5.2.0, 5.2.3) that i can find with no luck of bring it alive. Right now the camera just keep rebooting and I could neither ping it nor find it on SADP.

So I hope tftping 5.2.5 or 5.2.8 will make it working again. Could someone please pm me if you have those newer firmwares please.

My email is lewislittyo@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

LL

Last edited by a moderator:

flashpik

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this 5.2.5 firmware also suitable for model DS-2CD6412FWD-30 ?

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No - Raptor 2 and 3 only.

sosaix

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it really genuine firmware from Hikvision? If yes, how is it possible, that this firmware change language from region 1 to 2?
i think it was pretty obvious after reading some posts here, china cams can be English (more or less) on 3 different ways:
1. patch to login.js that removes region checking and offers all languages from xml locale for web browser only (Chinese names in OSD persists)
2. patching davinci binary to fool all cam soft that region is always 1 no matter what it is really set, so days are English too in OSD (flashing new version of course will revert hack)
3. changing region in mtd, as that mtds are not touched by updates, that (for now) will do English persistent

so answer to you question is:
1. no it will not change your region
2. yes it will change your language to only Chinese
because its genuine and your cam is Chinese

cheers

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried flash this one cam (with lang=2) via TFTP with many FW. Interestingly, the last with 5.2.5 from this forum. Cam has already "hacked" login in English. How is it possible, that another version doesn't it overwrite? And why doesn't overwrite with new flash of 5.2.5?

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, then:

prtHardInfo
language = 1

VAR=`dd if=/dev/mtd5ro skip=1620 bs=1 count=1 2>/dev/null` ; if [ $VAR == $'\002' ]; then echo Chinese ; elif [ $VAR == $'\001' ]; then echo English ; else echo Unknown; fi
Result: Chinese

VAR=`dd if=/dev/mtd6ro skip=16 bs=1 count=1 2>/dev/null` ; if [ $VAR == $'\002' ]; then echo Chinese ; elif [ $VAR == $'\001' ]; then echo English ; else echo Unknown; fi
Also Chinese

That the question is - who "hacked" firmware? Was it in factory?

sosaix

n3wb
Reaction score
You have prolly hacked davinci binary, upgrade / reflash should turn Your cam to Chinese only

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, but who hacked firmware? Somebody in factory?

sosaix

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not a fairy :)

second thing, I'm only trying to read with understanding, even not having own HIK yet (waiting for customs to do their job) maybe all others said was wrong or partially wrong,
or maybe somebody did hack Your cam before selling to You ;-) dunno

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know, but this is problem of seller - he sold cam and don't declare this "changes" in firmware.

sosaix

n3wb
Reaction score
if You
- bought that cam not in China
- seller didn't tell You that cam is China and there will be a problem with future upgrades
- indeed cam turned to Chinese-only after flash
then you were fucked by seller I'm afraid

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no warning, that is "another lang type" or "you cannot upgrade". I think, that also seller this don't know. But will try.

Now I have one cam in Chineese, I cannot connect directly to NVR, but I can connect via LAN and add to NVR with ONVIF protocol (not HIKVISION).

sosaix

n3wb
Reaction score
You can also risk and do region change yourself, but if You paid international price then that risk should be seller's.

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And how exactly? Or you think, that I will try and try and try :D :D