Looking for Hikvision rep

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Bullshit language mismatch... Yah... that was a quote from Nayr... just saying ;)
WTH are you talking about - this was your statement...

If you buy anything that has been hacked it will be a bullshit language mismatch and any other magnitude of problem
I'm done with you....

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
I would like to buy some Hikvision cams. Allot of people point to Aliexpress / Amazon.

The price for one Hikvision cam can vary as much as $100 it seems. Why is this?

Any direct reps I can contact via Skype or this forum?

Thank you!

Pic attached is showing price difference in same cam. Where is best place to buy Hikvision Cams?
Its the same the world over unfortunately, just depends on how greedy the seller is or what cost he is buying at, as for a rep here on the forum, not ever seen one, thats not to say there are non but they dont seem to poke there heads above the para-pit, reading down this sorry list you can understand why lol, if you do a search for milkisbad here on the forum he may be able to help you, members here have used him and believe he is very reputable and helpfull :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hiks, they have LTS printed on the casing; and I presume the UI is lightly branded.. usually just replacing the logo; but they can drop new css in and get a different look with same feel like Amcrest does w/Dahuas..

rebrands dont really mess w/firmware, they just create a special update they apply to the device and it lays down those files in a new location and the software will use them if they are present.. they can also supply other stuff like a default configuration and disable/hide options but its rare to see those being used.

Last edited:

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why not purchase private label HIK then - that will be easier and most cost effective in the US. Check out Nelly's Security H series. http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras.html?brand=49

Those are Private Label HIK Hardware. Nelly's supports them and provides the 3 year warranty and you are getting HIK. If you want US Hikvision OEM retail box hardware plan to pay a premium.
Thanks for suggestion. All his Hikvision cams are expensive! 300+ Out of my league. Great warranty though

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestion. All his Hikvision cams are expensive! 300+ Out of my league. Great warranty though
What are you looking for? The majority of them are >$200, the only ones that are $300+ are variable focus...

The camera you cite above Nelly's has the 4mp version here for $170 NSC-2X4-BT 4MP EXIR IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm - IP Cameras - Hi-Def Cameras - Cameras - Nelly's Security

Here is the 4.1mp version from LTS which you can work with milkisbad to have access to but you will only save around $10 going this route over Nelly's: Platinum Fixed Lens Bullet Camera 4.1MP - 4mm, CMIP9142W

Note that the ebay auction you reference is out of Hong Kong. This "Most likely" means that you are getting a gray market camera that has flashed/hacked firmware and will not be upgradable. This isn't the end of the world, but if you are a novice you need to understand what you are doing and this wouldn't be advised. Bottom line your cost is $130 with shipping on that ebay auction, or you can buy from LTS or Nellys for $40 - $50 more and get upgradable hardware (should it be needed), a 3 year warranty, local tech/service support, etc. Only you can decide what works for your situation, however you appear to be a novice in this field, so I would highly advise LTS or Nelly's vs. the imported camera with most likely flashed/hacked firmware.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Exactly, buying off ebay is a gamble. If you want a good reliable system, support that speaks english, and a warranty in case something happens to it then I would also highly advise against ebay purchases.

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are you looking for? The majority of them are >$200, the only ones that are $300+ are variable focus...

The camera you cite above Nelly's has the 4mp version here for $170 NSC-2X4-BT 4MP EXIR IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm - IP Cameras - Hi-Def Cameras - Cameras - Nelly's Security

Here is the 4.1mp version from LTS which you can work with milkisbad to have access to but you will only save around $10 going this route over Nelly's: Platinum Fixed Lens Bullet Camera 4.1MP - 4mm, CMIP9142W

Note that the ebay auction you reference is out of Hong Kong. This "Most likely" means that you are getting a gray market camera that has flashed/hacked firmware and will not be upgradable. This isn't the end of the world, but if you are a novice you need to understand what you are doing and this wouldn't be advised. Bottom line your cost is $130 with shipping on that ebay auction, or you can buy from LTS or Nellys for $40 - $50 more and get upgradable hardware (should it be needed), a 3 year warranty, local tech/service support, etc. Only you can decide what works for your situation, however you appear to be a novice in this field, so I would highly advise LTS or Nelly's vs. the imported camera with most likely flashed/hacked firmware.
Thank you for the help. I was looking at the wrong cameras.

mabnz

n3wb
Reaction score
dont buy grey market Hik's unless you know what your doing and understand the downsides..

check out Dahua instead, you can buy em anywhere you can find em and they will all work with eachother without any bullshit 'language mismatch' errors.
As someone who is about to consider purchasing a grey market Hik, can you please help me understand the downsides?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely masses of posts, info and comments on that exact topic on the forum here.
Take a little time out to read them.