Looking for new Camera Recomendations

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
This is my first post here and also very new with security cameras, not Knowing what to buy I went and purchase some WIFI cameras and NVR from ebay, the name of the camera maker is Sinocam they are bullet cameras they problem I am having is that using their software the cameras keep disconnecting very often, I purchased BI and is a lot better but not perfect, they drop here and there, I found out about this forum on the BI page under support, I wish I would have known about you guys before my purchase.
I been reading lots of threads here and some of the installs makes mine look bad, but is the first time for me on this type of installation and now that I am here I will do a lot better.
After Reading about the different types of cameras, i don't like the cameras I got. I still want to use wifi but if I have to convert to a different setup I will.
My Router and computers are in the back of the house and the cameras need to be on the front of the house I am posting some pictures of the cameras, The front of my house is facing north, I have one camera in front of the house right above my garage, the east and west are installed on the fascia board of the eaves and the last camera is by the front door.
I also purchased a distribution 8 channel power supply is a 12V DC supply 10 amps and this is what I use to power the cameras.
I want to replace them all, I been looking at this camera DS-2CD2132F-IWS is also a WIFI camera and the specs claim the range of the wifi is very good, if it doesn't work out as far as the WIFI than I can run a Ethernet cable to them.
I have questions on the setup for this camera, I know they have to be install on a compatible bracket for wall mouth, on the east and west sides of the house, the cameras after the installation with no adjustments, the lens of the cameras will be pointing to east and west and I need them to point to the north, I know these cameras are 3 axis cameras, can I rotate the cameras to point north? that is my biggest concern, please let me know of other setups options and other cameras that will work better for me.
Any comments will be much appreciated.
Regards.
AL

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a good camera...however you should run ethernet...it looks like they are all going to the attic so ethernet should be easy...wifi will give you issues..
If you dont need wifi, sd card, and alarm and audio in/out, then the 2332 turret is a better camera..it has better IR and and less susceptible to ir bleed, and seemingly have less issues with spider because of the separate IR...

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Fenderman
Thanks for your replay and recommendations, regarding my question on positioning the east and west cameras to point north, can they be rotated to point north, or you can install them on the mounting bracket to point north?
Can you recommend a good seller for these 2 cameras?, also, I been reading about the software English versions where the seller modify the software and people are having issues, how can we avoid that.
I would prefer to order from a seller not doing this type of modification to the software.
If I have to do without the wifi, my attic is not that big, for me , it would be easier to run the cable under the eaves into the garage, I have Powerline AV Ethernet Adapters and I was thinking to setup in garage, buy a Ethernet switch and hook the cameras to it, or I can always run a cable to my router is about 100 feet from the garage.
let me know what you think.
Regards.
AL

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all
Any Ideas on my questions?
Thanks in advance.
Al

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"can they be rotated to point north, or you can install them on the mounting bracket to point north?"

yup.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to consider cameras with stronger IR (hikvision has bullets with stronger IR) since they are mounted that high...you can run the ethernet to the garage and use a POE switch to power everything..then run a single cable back to the router..dont use powerline.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Fenderman
I thank all for your response, I order one of this DS-2CD2132F-IWS cameras and I read somewhere that these cameras are 3 axis, but others say they are only 2 axis, can anybody clarify if this camera is 3 axis or 2 axis .
I would appreciate any comments on this matter.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Alvaro.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Fenderman
I thank all for your response, I order one of this DS-2CD2132F-IWS cameras and I read somewhere that these cameras are 3 axis, but others say they are only 2 axis, can anybody clarify if this camera is 3 axis or 2 axis .
I would appreciate any comments on this matter.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Alvaro.
My understanding is that the F in the model number indicates it is 3 axis and has an SD card slot...
The models without the F are only 2 axis. I dont own either...

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Fanderman
I got my camera today and is 3 axis, but the label on the box is showing software version 5.3.0_150327, I read the thread in this forum, is this version of software in English? does anybody know?
I order this camera from Julia Li and she told me it has SW Version 5.2.5, I guess I am SOL.
If anybody has any comments on 5.3.0 please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Alvaro

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Fanderman
I got my camera today and is 3 axis, but the label on the box is showing software version 5.3.0_150327, I read the thread in this forum, is this version of software in English? does anybody know?
I order this camera from Julia Li and she told me it has SW Version 5.2.5, I guess I am SOL.
If anybody has any comments on 5.3.0 please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Alvaro
The box may say 5.3 but it probably has 5.2.5 installed...plug it in and find out. Regardless, if it works and is in English you got what you want.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Fenderman
I setup the camera, installed the program SADP it finds the camera IP, it has software v5.2.5, but it does not give me a option to setup the password, it only gives an option ( password Recovery) and ask for a security code. I found a program here to get the security code, when I get the code paste in and I get a message( password is recovered) and that all it does.
My question is, what is this password?
I reset the camera and it has a different IP now, but still does not let me input a password.
Any ideas?
Please let me know.
Regards.
AL

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The default password for user 'admin' is '12345'.
When used via the browser web admin pages.
Thanks for you comments alastairstevenson I should be getting a screen like this, but instead where ( device Activation ) is, I get password Recovery and asks for security code.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the picture did not upload.
repost it..or post it someplace else and link it..we need to see an image of what you are seeing..
You dont set the password with sadp..the default is 12345..that is what you enter in the password section..change the ip address to one that corresponds to your subnet.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Fenderman
I made some changes in the sadp program, change the IP on it and now I have video, nice camera.
Thanks for your help.
Regards.
AL