looking for outdoor camera (probably Dahua or Hikvision?)

yuriy g

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, i'm looking for outdoor cameras (1 or 2) for my house with:
- wi-fi/poe
- PTZ will be better, but not necessary really wide angle pan
- good motion detection without errors (probably i will be using it without NVR system, only camera plus cloud service. but i need record function if camera detect any motion detection. also motion detection should be well configurable because i have a dog).
- 2 Megapixels will be enough
- simple zoom and will be enough as well
- max of 10-20 meters of DORI and light distance
- iOS friendly software
- it will be better have 2 way audio, but as read its impossible to buy cheap and medium price camera with good 2 way audio, so i don't need it. but probably have a built-in Mic will be better than nothing

anybody can suggest me something? i'm thinking about Dahua or Hikvision now, probably
Dahua SD29204.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @yuriy g

I'm wondering if this is possible right now in any camera I can afford: "good motion detection without errors"
The reason is that I have seen all sorts of inaccuracies in motion detection in cameras - thus I believe image based detection is not a perfect solution and that you need to combine with other sensors ( alarm sensors ) to increase positive results.

yuriy g

n3wb
Reaction score
I you need to combine with other sensors ( alarm sensors ) to increase positive results.
Sounds good! in this case that kind of camera + alarm sensors could you recommend? and actually i already have alarm sensors at my home (but without video cameras. so probably i can integrate them with cameras)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds good! in this case that kind of camera + alarm sensors could you recommend? and actually i already have alarm sensors at my home (but without video cameras. so probably i can integrate them with cameras)
Hi @yuriy g

If you're not setting up a NVR / PC to take in the alarm inputs, look for a camera model which can accept an alarm input.