Looking for outdoor IP cam suggestions.

cruzmisl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post and have to say there is a TON of great information here. Sadly for a novice like myself it's a bit overwhelming.

I'm hoping I can get suggestions for outdoor cameras for my house. I have two LED streetlights (One on front and one on the side) which will contribute to the lighting. I'd like have at least 1080p with really good night performance, maybe color if possible. I'm thinking variable focus lens which from my reading usually means a larger sensor. My only concern is the size of the cameras. While they all look small in the advertisements, when you get it home the camera is the size of a football. I'd like to have a small form factor so my house doesn't look like a bank.

Any suggestions or links for further reading are truly appreciated.

J.

cruzmisl

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestion. I was considering Dahua and like the way domes blend in but I thought I read somewhere that dome's aren't ideal for outdoor use but I can't recall why. Is that true or did I misread?

J.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestion. I was considering Dahua and like the way domes blend in but I thought I read somewhere that dome's aren't ideal for outdoor use but I can't recall why. Is that true or did I misread?

J.
Domes are fine outdoor if shielded from sunlight and rain... Without this you get distorted picture from the rain drops that settle on the dome and over time the sunlight will fade and discolour the dome plastic thus blur / focusing out the picture.