Looking for POE Camera Suggestions

okubricko

n3wb
Reaction score
Any help would be appreciated with this and thanks in advance.

We just moved and I need to install some new cameras. I was completely new when I setup my first BI system and bought Reolink RLC-420s based on misleading Amazon reviews, price, and inexperience. Now I'd like to do it right.

One requirement is POE, I already have the switch and my new home is 136 years old with brick walls so running power is difficult. I would prefer dome cameras in the front of the house as they're less obtrusive...to my wife. The back of the house and rear alleys can be bullet cameras.

I'd like to be in the $150-$175 range for each camera and plays well with BI.

I would like to put two cameras in the front of the house looking down the sidewalk each way. One in the back of the house looking toward where we park and one (maybe two) looking down the alley that's behind the house.

Once again. Thanks1

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any help would be appreciated with this and thanks in advance.

We just moved and I need to install some new cameras. I was completely new when I setup my first BI system and bought Reolink RLC-420s based on misleading Amazon reviews, price, and inexperience. Now I'd like to do it right.

One requirement is POE, I already have the switch and my new home is 136 years old with brick walls so running power is difficult. I would prefer dome cameras in the front of the house as they're less obtrusive...to my wife. The back of the house and rear alleys can be bullet cameras.

I'd like to be in the $150-$175 range for each camera and plays well with BI.

I would like to put two cameras in the front of the house looking down the sidewalk each way. One in the back of the house looking toward where we park and one (maybe two) looking down the alley that's behind the house.

Once again. Thanks1
Welcome @okubricko

Nice home.

I recommend getting just one camera at this time and taking some time to learn more before making a final decision about where you want to mount the cameras and how many cameras to get. ( I think you will eventually want more cameras than you have marked in your pictures. )

I would start with one of the varifocal 2mp starlight turret Dahua oem international models and play with that. Don't worry, you can paint the case to match the mount area and it will blend in nicely to the brick or the trim. ( IPC-HDW52xx model is what I would look at for a good test camera )

okubricko

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks on the compliment on the home. Still unpacking boxes and getting things organized. I don't ever want to move again. I'll take a look at the model(s) you put our there and will take a look at the wiki, there's a lot there to take in.

From all the reading an lurking, it seems like the Dahua Starlights are the way to go.