Looking for rack mount ears for Hikvision 7608 NVR

Reaction score
Recently bought 7608NI-E2/8P NVR from Nelly's. I'm looking for rack mount ears, for standard 19" rack. The NBR looks to be standard 1U height. Nelly's doesn't have any rack mount ears for the 7608, and isn't providing any help where I could get a pair. I found a couple sites; one in New Zealand and one in UK that look to have something that may work. Both are wholesalers and being a pain to get account, find price, and extra time/cost for international order. Can't believe these are so hard to find in US. Anyone have a source?

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 7608s normally include ears. However I recently purchased one that was not a full width recorder so is not rack mountable. It also didn't come with ears. Take a look at these pics I took about a month ago. Do you have the narrower one? As far as a solution goes, I haven't found one. I swapped the smaller one with another extra full size one just so I could mount it, but that's not a true fix, only a band aid.

The above pics are IDENTICAL model units per the sticker on the bottom. All genuine US Hikvision product.

The wide ones DO come with ears. The fact that you are indicating that you don't have them tell me that you very likely have the newer smaller version. I have no idea when they changed these, but while I think the smaller version looks a lot nicer standalone, it's horrible for rack mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hmm...puzzling. My 7608 is like the bigger style of the pictures you have; 17-5/6" W x 11-1/8" W x 1-3/4" H. But it didn't come with rack ears, and Nelly's said they don't have any.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Well, they might. Looks roughly correct. Can't find any detail on chassis hole spacing, which needs to be 1" on the 7608. Found specs on Cisco 2610. Its width is 17.5". The 7608 is 17-5/16. So 3/16 shorter. If the rack screw slots have enough play in them may work, or take a little dremel tool action to widen. For $3, it's worth a shot. Thanks.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
None of the 7608's that come to us from Hikvision include rackmount ears, only 77 series and above.
They tend to vary the case sizes, I can only presume based on which are more readily available at the time of manufacture
Every 7600 and 7700 I've purchased has come with them. The narrow model in my picture is the first of the batch that has not included them. It's hard to say what the determinant is here. For what it's worth, the last one purchased had a manufacturer date of 12/2015 (slim one) and the wider one which included brackets was dated 3/2015.

The weird thing is, the slim one has holes for the ears, but it is not the width of a rack to where it can be mounted without extension ears. I don't get it.

Reaction score
I ordered a set of these rack ears off of ebay, meant for a cisco router. Out of the box, they wont work because the rack-mounting side of the ear is 1/8" short. Overall with rack ears attached to NVR, the width is 1/4" short of what it needs to be to line up with rack rails. So either will need to try widening the hole on the bracket an 1/8" inch (not much metal there to work with) or take some aluminum stock and build an 1/8" shim between the bracket and NVR chassis, to push the rack bracket out wide enough to line up with the rack rails.

On positive side, the bracket holes do line up with the two NVR chassis screws, and the 3rd set of bracket holes do fall over solid metal, so could drill/tap the chassis cover for extra support, though don't want to do that for warranty reasons. The far back set of bracket holes fall over the chassis vents just a little bit, but not enough to be any concern.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, darn it. I thought possibly those could work straightaway or with a visit to the drill press. Sounds like some shimming is in order. We used to use wood like oak or walnut when confronted with this issue using audio equipment. I think it should be easy to find suitable shims either metal or plastic?

Reaction score
Recently bought 7608NI-E2/8P NVR from Nelly's. I'm looking for rack mount ears, for standard 19" rack. The NBR looks to be standard 1U height. Nelly's doesn't have any rack mount ears for the 7608, and isn't providing any help where I could get a pair. I found a couple sites; one in New Zealand and one in UK that look to have something that may work. Both are wholesalers and being a pain to get account, find price, and extra time/cost for international order. Can't believe these are so hard to find in US. Anyone have a source?
EDIT: They're the wrong damn size. Just got them in from Nellys today.

I found them! Nellys has them in stock. I just ordered some myself bc I got the smaller 7608 NVR that wasn't wide enough for the rack. www.nellyssecurity.com

They just got them in on Friday. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Where did you find them? Please post a link if you can. I may need some for future 7600 installs that are the smaller model.

Reaction score
Where did you find them? Please post a link if you can. I may need some for future 7600 installs that are the smaller model.

I called Nellys and spoke to the Tech guys, option 2. They knew what I needed and said they had just got them in Friday. They're not on the website yet.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That makes sense now. The size shrink on the 7600 series to my knowledge went into effect in December. I haven't ordered any prior to that to know if it was earlier, but I bought one made early in December and it was tiny.

Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Be careful. I was working with Nelly's, was told they had found a source for the rack ears, and I ordered them. Got them last week and turns out they were the ones designed for the narrower 7608. They will not fit the wider 17" wide 7608. The rack ears on each side are 2-1/2" long, put those on side of the 17" wide 7608, and your rack rail holes are 23" apart. That and there are 3 chassis holes on the bracket that don't line up with the 2 chassis screws I have on my 7608. So after that fiasco, I took another look at the Cisco rack ears I got off of ebay (see post earlier in the thread). The second set of holes do line up perfectly with the 7608 chassis. I made a little shim out of 1/16" aluminum to fit between the chassis and bracket, which made it line up perfectly with the 19" rack, and as they say, Bob's your uncle.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We are both speaking about the narrower 7600 models. I've depleted/installed all of my wider models. With that being said, every one of my wide models came with ears. Everyone on here says they do not and have never come with ears, but every one of mine has, with the exception of the new small one since it needs extension brackets. I've ordered some from Nelly's some from eBay and some from China (all US-regioned however) and the results on this were consistent. Apparently I got lucky.

Reaction score
Be careful. I was working with Nelly's, was told they had found a source for the rack ears, and I ordered them. Got them last week and turns out they were the ones designed for the narrower 7608. They will not fit the wider 17" wide 7608. The rack ears on each side are 2-1/2" long, put those on side of the 17" wide 7608, and your rack rail holes are 23" apart. That and there are 3 chassis holes on the bracket that don't line up with the 2 chassis screws I have on my 7608. So after that fiasco, I took another look at the Cisco rack ears I got off of ebay (see post earlier in the thread). The second set of holes do line up perfectly with the 7608 chassis. I made a little shim out of 1/16" aluminum to fit between the chassis and bracket, which made it line up perfectly with the 19" rack, and as they say, Bob's your uncle.
I just measured mine, it's 14 and 15/16ths wide. So I'm looking for the extra wide brackets. Hikvision sent me the normal size brackets for the rack-width NVR, so if you need a set, I have them direct from Hikvision. Cost of shipping and they're yours :eek:

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm looking for the extended brackets as well. In my previous post I noted that every one of my rack-width recorders has come with brackets/ears. Many weren't used as the NVRs were established as set-tops. I ordered another 7608 around January 2016 and it was the small one. No brackets. (Made 12/2015) I have another thread discussing and comparing the differences of the two. Or just scroll up/back to earlier on this thread, and you'll see I posted side by side comparisons so people knew what they were in for if they were planning to rack mount a "new" 7600.

Reaction score
I just got the Nellys brackets in the mail today. They're incorrect. They extend past the holes in my rack in both sides. This is really getting annoying.