looking for recommendation to buy NVR/system

stl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

New to this, looking to set up a basic system for home.

Maybe 10-12 cameras, POE. Mostly exterior (cover doorways/windows/gates), possibly a few interior.

3MP? 4MP?

Would like smartphone access.

Most likely will be a set/forget system (in terms of recording/NVR); just to be available for security if anything happens.

Smartphone/mobile access - probably regular log in just to view in real time.

I'd like a system that is reasonably good quality (day+night), easy to setup, reliable, easy to use.

Brands to look at? Laview? GW? LTS? (Is LTS overkill?)
Cameras: hikvision? heard that they are the "best".....
Camera style... I'm thinking turret.... thoughts?

Do I need to stick with all same brand?
Or could I combine LTS NVR + hikvision cameras?

how much incoming bandwidth to NVR do I need?
(thinking integrated POE to make my life simpler)

SOOOO much info out there, and certainly I could dive into the thick of it. But, really hoping to keep it simple and reliable. Suspect that I will hopefully never have to look at footage, but would be nice to log in and watch the kiddo swimming or the front door when I'm not there!

Thanks in advance--
S.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've got a Dahua NVR 5216 w 16 POE. Steep learning curve. If you get an NVR you might want to get just 1 camera at first, play with it to learn. NVR would be bout $ 350, 1 camera about $ 170... Whatever brand you get stick with the same brand cameras. Most of the people here seem to be buying direct from Aliexpress. You might want to edit the title of your post, wasn't clear that you want info on a new system .