Looking for reviews of the A180 cameras

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does anyone here own one of the Dahua A180 cameras who could provide a review, opinion or some sample day\night pics or video?
They are not cheap but offering 3 or 4 camera lenses covering up to 180 deg, I'm thinking it could be a decent option for a full front or back yard overview camera vs having to string up 3 or 4 individual cameras to cover the same area. (I have some choke point cams in place at doors already so I am specifically looking at overview options looking out from my house.)
Most of the YouTube videos I've seen are all from Russia and the like and not really reviews.

Also wondering if there would be enough benefit to go with a 4 x 2mp v.s the 3 x 2mp version given I'm sure a decent price jump.
Here are the models I'm looking at below.
IPC-PFW8601-A180 3 x 2MP Bullet style
IPC-PFW8800-A180 4 x 2MP Bullet style
IPC-PDBW8800-A180 4 x 2MP Turret style

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone here own one of the Dahua A180 cameras who could provide a review, opinion or some sample day\night pics or video?
They are not cheap but offering 3 or 4 camera lenses covering up to 180 deg, I'm thinking it could be a decent option for a full front or back yard overview camera vs having to string up 3 or 4 individual cameras to cover the same area. (I have some choke point cams in place at doors already so I am specifically looking at overview options looking out from my house.)
Most of the YouTube videos I've seen are all from Russia and the like and not really reviews.

Also wondering if there would be enough benefit to go with a 4 x 2mp v.s the 3 x 2mp version given I'm sure a decent price jump.
Here are the models I'm looking at below.
IPC-PFW8601-A180 3 x 2MP Bullet style
IPC-PFW8800-A180 4 x 2MP Bullet style
IPC-PDBW8800-A180 4 x 2MP Turret style
Hi,

They seemed interesting when I looked at them, however seemed better on the budget and image quality to get 3-4 separate starlight cameras.

Still I would like to see a review, as well as see a seamless video capture from one of these.

Perhaps these would be great for placing by goal posts of a soccer or hockey game.