Looking for security camera

drz400dude

n3wb
Reaction score
I order everything online. I only really go to the store for groceries. I wanted a smart camera to make sure nobody messes with my packages, or at least see who it is if they snatch it off the porch. I want it to send motion alerts to my phone and let me play them back, without requiring a subscription. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I order everything online. I only really go to the store for groceries. I wanted a smart camera to make sure nobody messes with my packages, or at least see who it is if they snatch it off the porch. I want it to send motion alerts to my phone and let me play them back, without requiring a subscription. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Welcome drz

From what I have been reading, a lot of people dislike ADT ....

For your situation - package theft - you will need at least 2 cameras from what I have been seeing in most situations.

One camera mounted at face level by the front door to get a good ID image of the suspect.
One camera watching the package drop area - normally this is right at the foot of the door - thus hard to get both a good facial image and watch the package with one camera.

Ideally you add another camera to get a good image of the car or vehicle used.

For the camera by your front door I would highly recommend the following model IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight
Please see the review and thread by looney2ns
Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

Do take a look at the cliff notes, lots of great info there.
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk