Looking for Software have questions

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If one is in the MacOS environment, I can recommend SecuritySpy. It's the BlueIris equivalent for Macs. Not cheap, but nothing on the Mac side is cheap. The Security Spy developers are very responsive and the software basically never goes down. Requires a fair amount of processor power, but you can use the calculator on the SecuritySpy website to estimate needs. I'm very pleased with it running on a MacPro 6 core. Has been running reliably for years.

This would, of course, only be desirable if you are in a primarily Mac environment like I am. IPCamtalk is almost entirely Windows PC oriented. I am throwing this out there so Mac users know they also have a good way to do things.

kroq83

n3wb
Reaction score
I have set it up for testing outside for a small patio test and the night in mine case did a good job. But the glass test the led show. One thing have not try is the garage test. I want to get a infrared light to see really how far I can push I at night on the camera.

Also someone has change the lens to meet the need.

Last edited:

kroq83

n3wb
Reaction score
I just learn something about IR.
I just point the camera to chairs more and lost the picture. So I move it back to ferns and the infrared light up the whole picture again.

I pop off the faceplate and saw the place where the green led go and was never install. I have watch people away when they see Nest led. Also they have it in the app to turn it off already.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have two Wyze cam for testing and to mine dad got one to fill in area where his Nest is not. The picture look good for $25. I just link to Blue Iris demo for testing. The problem is that the Wyze don't have rtsp setup in it firm wear. So you need to download a beta firm wear from webpage and place on the SD chip. The Wyze cam are good to learn from. I have 8 and 2gb in them but will get a 32gb for the 7 days record. The snap it are 12 sec long and will send a notice. It a stepping stone and Home depot have them for $25. This camera is double side tape looking through double glass window. I have one outside and too.
The mountain is 25 away with tv antenna. Wyze is a group that quit Amazon cam. That app is good so far.

View attachment 54130.
Lots of blown out white in that picture.
Again, still pictures do not prove squat.
Video with motion in it at night is the only true test.

kroq83

n3wb
Reaction score
I am just saying for $25 it is a good starter camera to learn from. If it don't meet any standard then upgrade. But you only out $25.

Last edited: