Looking to buy first camera and NVR. Hoping for some help please.

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

I am looking to buy my first IP camera and NVR setup.

After hours of searching I came up with the following however just before ordering I noticed that in the camera's description it says its incompatible with multi language nvr so I don't know if they will work together?

Can some please can me some advice, it would be much appreciated.

Hikvision DS-2CD3145F-I - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400993044776?clk_rvr_id=1030441749742&rmvSB=true
HIKVISION DS-7108N-SN - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191765191497?clk_rvr_id=1030433982276&rmvSB=true

As you can see I am trying to do this on a very tight budget.

Regards,
Joshua

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You want to look for a nvr that got NI... Yours is only N. The NI is international or English versions which is probably what you want.

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And for the camera. I would keep looking at another version. There is plenty out there in the same price range. Just check that they compatible as you did. You don't want to waste your money when you are on a tight budget

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They won't work together. Get on aliexpress and buy both from same supplier, letting them know they are to work together. Then you know they will work.

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response.

I have looked at the international model however they are around double the price as with the camera.

I understand that these were intended for the chinese market and have had their firmware altered in such a way that they cannot be upgraded anymore however providing they work then I don't mind.

I've already done hours of searching and these were honestly the best value for money I could find. Nothing else was really comparable. I did notice with the 3mp camera that it said nothing about it being incompatible with a multi regional NVR but for obvious reasons I would have prefered the 4mp model if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess they language will missmatch? I've looked on alliexpress but whilst I could find many, I couldn't find any together and I've never ordered from them before - I would have preferred to pay with PayPal.

Any other suggestions?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What the obvious reason? 4MP isn't necessarily better than 2MP.

They are intended for chinese market so you can't update the firmware easily. The NVR seller sells 2MP cameras which are probably compatible but you should check with them.

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen the comparisons and the 4mp model is better, especially at night.
That is in comparison to the 3mp....the 2mp will be better than the 4mp....
You will NOT be able to update the firmware on china cameras....it will brick...

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your response.

Sorry, I don't quite follow. So you're suggesting their 2mp cameras are better? Do you have a model number so I can look for those please since they have so many?

Also with regards to the firmware, I understand that I cannot upgrade but surely I will be okay providing I leave as they are when I receive them?

I am just trying to find the best value camera and NVR for my money but I am going in circles at the moment.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response.

Sorry, I don't quite follow. So you're suggest their 2mp cameras are better? Do you have a model number so I can look for those please?

Also with regards to the firmware, I understand that I cannot upgrade but surely I will be okay providing I leave as they are when I receive them?
NO, im suggesting that when you look at the same camera from hikvision, the 2mp camera is better in low light than the 4mp. This will be true of any camera if they are using the same type/size sensor but one is 2mp and the other is 4mp. More MP does not translate into a better image..in fact it can be worse.
Yes you will be ok if everything is working fine when you get them.

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand the megapixel doesn't relate to quality and there are other factors involved - now your comment makes sense.

I was just previously stating that sample images I had seen make the 4mp model I was looking at better than the 3mp model at night.

Anyway forgetting that I am just looking to get some advice if these are best value for money and if they will working together since other places seem to suggest they will, it is only that one comment on eBay which suggests not:

Hikvision DS-2CD3145F-I - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4009930447...742&rmvSB=true
HIKVISION DS-7108N-SN - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1917651914...276&rmvSB=true

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand the megapixel doesn't relate to quality and there are other factors involved - now your comment makes sense.

I was just previously stating that sample images I had seen make the 4mp model I was looking at better than the 3mp model at night.

Anyway forgetting that I am just looking to get some advice if these are best value for money and if they will working together since other places seem to suggest they will, it is only that one comment on eBay which suggests not:

Hikvision DS-2CD3145F-I - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4009930447...742&rmvSB=true
HIKVISION DS-7108N-SN - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1917651914...276&rmvSB=true
If you dont need the sd card slot or audio which are available on the dome, a turret is a MUCH better choice. Search the forum to learn why.

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I've tried looking on this forum and I can find lots of info but not much relating to what I need. I guess there is no common camera/nvr setup.

I was hoping for an easy answer that's why I joined the forum. Whilst I don't expect anyone to go out their way and search for me, I thought perhaps someone here may help from previous experience or knowledge.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I've tried looking on this forum and I can find lots of info but not much relating to what I need. I guess there is no common camera/nvr setup.

I was hoping for an easy answer that's why I joined the forum. Whilst I don't expect anyone to go out their way and search for me, I thought perhaps someone here may help from previous experience or knowledge.
Then you havent searched...the recommendation for a turret is not dependent on the manufacturer.

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't come here for games. I am not familiar with IP cameras hence why this is my first purchase.

I just wanted a recommendation for a camera and NVR setup. If you don't want to help me that is okay.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't come here for games. I am not familiar with IP cameras hence why this is my first purchase.

I just wanted a recommendation for a camera and NVR setup. If you don't want to help me that is okay.
You are the one playing games. Spend some time LEARNING about what you intend to purchase. Otherwise hire someone to install it. The forum has a search function for a reason. This is the epitome of laziness.

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score
I supplied the links and simply asked if they was compatible. I'd like to know how that's being lazy. I've never had such a negative response on a forum and I use loads.. perhaps it's the subject.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I supplied the links and simply asked if they was compatible. I'd like to know how that's being lazy. I've never had such a negative response on a forum and I use loads.. perhaps it's the subject.
That comment was specific to your LATER posts. You will see that the forum members here are VERY generous with their time. If you refuse to listen to advice and dont have time to search then buy whatever you want and be penny wise and a pound foolish. If you expect this to be an internet "safe space" you are in the wrong forum.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you buy from China (like I sometimes do and have done for some systems) then you need to understand the risks you are taking and what you are buying.

I've already said this but those two won't talk to each other properly (post #4). Yes, some of us can most likely get them to work but we are very techie and hobbyists. You are asking us whether chinese-domestic market products which most of us haven't used will work together but don't want to ask the seller? Well not many people will stick their necks out to say yes to that. And what if they are wrong?

I said my recommendations after saying that the 4MP camera won't work but you didn't want to listen. fenderman recommended something and you still don't want to listen. The negativity I can see is coming from the same place.