Looking to upgrade system

Simonbr

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2 (firmware V3.4.103 build 181226) and have 5 cameras (Hikvision bullet, dome, dahua bullet, dome). The system works well but I could never get the motion detecting to work correctly. The cameras are all outdoor and small things trigger motion, like rain, snow, shade. It got to the point that I just disabled it and never bothered to use it. I tested every possible setting through the web GUI. Another issue with the NVR is that the small fan makes so much noise that I started to look at finding a location where it will not be in my office.

I have tried Verkada and Google nest cameras at other locations and they seem much more advanced in the detection. I was looking for suggestions on systems or maybe just a DVR upgrade if the newer Hikvision are better. Having a system with better motion and line detection would be great.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Get a system that has AI capabilities. The newer Dahua NVRs have AI capabilities and do not require AI cameras. Not sure of Hik equivalents. Blue Iris/PC as an NVR with DeepStack AI Integration works as well.

This thread is as it relates to Dahua AI, but the NVR would be similar.