Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Much better than the way I was bypassing it. I'd start Explorer and the change window for Edge would pop up. From there, I'd hit taskbar and close Edge. Immediately Explorer would pop up like it was supposed to. It worked, but yours is a quick and dirty one time fix vs mine where I had to do it every time....

Reaction score
Much better than the way I was bypassing it. I'd start Explorer and the change window for Edge would pop up. From there, I'd hit taskbar and close Edge. Immediately Explorer would pop up like it was supposed to. It worked, but yours is a quick and dirty one time fix vs mine where I had to do it every time....
Yeah--- I honestly had not even LOOKED for IE in win11-- assumed it was fully removed. I held off going to 11 on my main computer for that reason, but I may just do it now. My old BI machine (with an I-5 4th gen) will chug along with IE intact for now. That little trick in the video is perfect for my win11 laptop.

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK--- I stopped that Edge takeover process by re-naming the BHO folder in the file string here. I just named mine "-old BHO" and that left IE alone for now.

View attachment 154743

Get rid of their browser hacker, and you will have IE back.

View attachment 154744
Thanks for the tip! Last evening I got so far as knowing that the IEtoEdge thing was the culprit but didn't know how/where to neuter it. I changed that folder to BHO_OLD and IE is back, like you said.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
RIP Internet Explorer

Windows 12 - Here We Come Comically

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an interesting scenario. I have been using Internet Explorer to access my Dahua cameras no problem at all. I still have access to them and can change settings and all. That being said, I just got a new camera from Andy yesterday (different models than I had before) and using the same Internet Explorer I get the screen shown. I have tried Chrome and it does not work even with the plugin recommended. My question is, why does it work on some cameras and not others?

1678365088933.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This camera uses a different plug in than your other cameras.

Those of us with many cameras of different ages experience this as well.

The plug in only works for Explorer.

Simply download it and be on your way lol.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera uses a different plug in than your other cameras.

Those of us with many cameras of different ages experience this as well.

The plug in only works for Explorer.

Simply download it and be on your way lol.
Interesting. I will try again. Here is what I got.
1678368128730.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That error is because are trying a plug-in for Explorer in Chrome.

Go back to Internet Explorer and download the plug in from there.

If it doesn't work then you will need to go into settings and delete the previous plug-ins and install this one.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I removed it from Chrome. I tried to go into Internet Explorer and get this message. I don't understand why Dahau can't make a tool we can use to get consistant results. Yes I know we are a very small portion of the population that uses these cameras but it gets frustrating. I do have an email into
1678369661799.png
That error is because are trying a plug-in for Explorer in Chrome.

Go back to Internet Explorer and download the plug in from there.

If it doesn't work then you will need to go into settings and delete the previous plug-ins and install this one.
I am working with Andy now and he is stumped at the moment. He is going to do some research for me and see what he can come up with. I updated firmware as he suggested and also the suggestions you came up with. Those were the same things Andy had me do and still no luck. Will keep everyone posted.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a strange message from explorer.

I would consider rebooting the camera as maybe it is hung up on trying to download an Explorer plug in into Chrome. Hopefully a reboot will start it fresh and cancel that download and then you can open in Explorer.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is a strange message from explorer.

I would consider rebooting the camera as maybe it is hung up on trying to download an Explorer plug in into Chrome. Hopefully a reboot will start it fresh and cancel that download and then you can open in Explorer.
It was fully rebooted when I downloaded the new firmware. I will try again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess maybe try rebooting the computer as well in the event chrome is sending off something to the camera.

Maybe also try a factory reset since it is a new camera. Hold the reset in for 60 seconds and hear the IR filter click a few times.

An alternative, while not ideal, is to use your VMS to view the video while you make changes in the camera GUI. I do that on occasion as I just have a quick change to make.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I have gotten all my cams (Andy's) to work with the IE work around.
Open a page to the cam you want to access.

Click on the 3 dots in the top right.
Go down and now "Open in Internet Explorer Mode"
When the page opens another pop-up opens allowing lock-in IE.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have gotten all my cams (Andy's) to work with the IE work around.
Open a page to the cam you want to access.

Click on the 3 dots in the top right.
Go down and now "Open in Internet Explorer Mode"
When the page opens another pop-up opens allowing lock-in IE.
Yeah, I haven't had any issues with mine up till now.