Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI, I tried it on a totally different computer and it does the same. Still working with Andy.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay guys, I really don't know why but I had to setup IE compatibility mode again. For some reason it was not recognizing that the IE interface that I was using on the other cameras was using backwards compatibility for IE even though the IE Icon over on the right was showing up. For some reason it asked me about compatibility again on the new camera and I toggled the two switches and it now works. SMH Who knows?

Reaction score
Okay guys, I really don't know why but I had to setup IE compatibility mode again. For some reason it was not recognizing that the IE interface that I was using on the other cameras was using backwards compatibility for IE even though the IE Icon over on the right was showing up. For some reason it asked me about compatibility again on the new camera and I toggled the two switches and it now works. SMH Who knows?
When you open IE-- it is redirecting you and opening EDGE. Edge is Chrome. Just use IE--- follow the steps found in this topic and you can use IE itself and you won't have these problems.

Specifically--- do THIS:

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you open IE-- it is redirecting you and opening EDGE. Edge is Chrome. Just use IE--- follow the steps found in this topic and you can use IE itself and you won't have these problems.

Specifically--- do THIS:

Awesome, I will try it tomorrow, I am about beat today chasing stuff, but thanks for your help.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Specifically--- do THIS:

I finally took time to look at this and it's awesome. Do you think we need to worry about it being upgraded or wiped out? Thank you

Reaction score
It goes to a whit screen/box with the JavaScript command of the shortcut in the upper left corner
Go through the steps again on that computer. I bet there is an extra character in that command that shouldn't be there, or a missing character... I checked on all 3 computers where I have that script set up and they all are working-- 2 Win 10 machines and my Win11 laptop.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Go through the steps again on that computer. I bet there is an extra character in that command that shouldn't be there, or a missing character... I checked on all 3 computers where I have that script set up and they all are working-- 2 Win 10 machines and my Win11 laptop.
Nope, here is what I get. I am actually cutting and pasting into the shortcut from the webpage.
1678961876127.png

Reaction score
Nope, here is what I get. I am actually cutting and pasting into the shortcut from the webpage.
View attachment 157035
Wow--- very weird.

The Target of my shortcut is as follows (per the other post): C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe javascript:open();close()

My shortcut properties:
1678984982937.png

Apparently I don't even have Javascript installed on this machine... I didn't even know that. It usually GETS installed by other program installations. hmmmm.

1678985194698.png

IF you have Javascript installed-- update it. OR, maybe delete it (at risk of possibly breaking other software relying on it).

Perhaps someone else has an idea about this one.... ???

Last edited:

grapedaddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My knowledge of javascript is more than a little bit stale, but I'm thinking that javascript doesn't really have anything to do with java which was often installed back in the day. Web browsers used to have javascript interpreters built into them, so java and javascript are two separate things. javascript wouldn't be something you could install or uninstall. It's just built into I.E.

ipct1o

n3wb
Reaction score
This worked for me on Win10: create a text file containing only this:
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
then select save as type to all files, then replace .txt to .vbs on the end of the file name

youtube link

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried the IE tab in Edge, and that didn't work with the main stream. This and Edge, Firefox and Chrome got the interface online (T5442T), but always switch from main to substream after a few seconds. So if you just want to configure settings, you might not be limited much. But if you want to see the effects on the picture, you only get the sub stream.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does ie tab in Chrome not work? I use that to access the works Hik NVRs.
It can for some cameras, but most of have found that native IE provides the best experience, even though it is old. Some cameras the settings won't hold if edge or chrome is used even with IE tab.

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IE tab now charges anyway FFS. Looks like the were waiting for the official death of IE for this.

So, looking for yet another workaround so I can use line crossing detection for my Hiks.