Loosing Signal on DS-2CD2032-I

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 2 dome cameras (DS-2CD2132-I and DS-2CD3132-I) and a bullet camera (DS-2CD2032-I). All are V5.2.0 build 140721. All of them are configured identically except each has a different "Device No.", "Server Port" and "IPv4 Address", i.e.

I don't have any issue with the two dome cameras. However, the bullet camera keeps on losing it's signal. Sometimes after just a few minutes and sometime after a few hours. Interestingly, although I lose the video signal, the IR lights are still on (red). So the connection is there. Also I have switched Ethernet cables from one of the dome cameras with the bullet camera but the dome camera still works fine and the bullet camera doesn't, hence it's not the cable. I also switched ports of the bullet and dome camera one me PoE switch but still get the same behavior, i.e. it's not the port on the PoE switch. There are no electrical wires that run parallel to the Ethernet cable of the bullet camera. The Ethernet cable is a CAT5e.

Has anybody else experienced this or has any suggestions?

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Check the POE port from the camera to see if any of the pins are damaged. One time mine got water in it and 2 of the pins were fried (my first symptoms was also losing signals and coming back, but after a while it stopped working)

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I replaced the Ethernet cable today and looked at the connector. I did not see any debris or anything else unusual. Also the camera is well protected (no way to get rain there) and the connector goes inside the wall into the attic where it is completely dry (was just up there again). I also would like to add that SADP does not show the camera once I lose the signal (but again the infrared LEDs are red=powered).

Buggah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
- Try to do ping ipadres -t and see if you continuously ping the cam
- Look in the log file once it's up again. Do you see like: (select Major type: Operations, Minor Type: Abnormal shutdown)

12015-01-18 17:25:55OperationLocal: Abnormal Shutdownlocal
22015-01-18 17:24:07OperationLocal: Abnormal Shutdownlocal
32015-01-18 17:16:10OperationLocal: Abnormal Shutdownlocal
42015-01-18 17:11:58OperationLocal: Abnormal Shutdownlocal

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem on a Chinese 2332 Turret. I have this camera mounted on a shed looking back at the house. It's running over a 100ft direct burial Outdoor Cat6 line. it's been working for a year. Last week it lost siginal and never came back. I noticed the LAN lights go out on the switch, but the POE light stays on. I can ping the camera and it may stay up for a few minutes but I never get a web interface. I can continue to ping but it will stop responding to pings and come back. But I never get web interface or never connects back to BI

I tested the cable from point to point and tester reads it straight through. I need to dismount the camera and plug it straight to the POE switch with a premade patch cable to rule out the cable as the problem. I put it on a separate POE injector and still get the same issue.

I just looked at couple of my other Cams and the logs don't show anything???

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bow94z, did you try to reset the camera? On my DS-2CD2032-I I disconnect the Ethernet cable, press the reset switch for 1 minute, then plug the Ethernet cable back in and keep the reset button pressed for another minute. Note that the reset button is depressed for a full 2 minutes so you might need the help of somebody to plug in the Ethernet cable. After that the camera comes back on but eventually will lose the video signal again.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2 of my 2032 bullets have dropped out on several occasions, both are dry/water tight with good ports, cables & connections. They came back within a day... I'm stumped.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It looks like this is a different issue as the cameras come back on after a day or so. In my case they don't come back on, even after several days, until I reset them. I start wondering if this is only an issue with the 2032 or if other models have the same issue. I personally did not have any such issues with the 2132 and 3132, though the later I just installed so it's too early to say.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Caught one down today and have been able to pin point an issue with a failing POE port on my Hikvision DS-7608NI SE8P.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
a failing POE port
But... is it failing cos its faulty, or is it failing because the camera isn't negotiating with the port, and thus the POE is saying 'if you wont talk nicely to me, then your not getting any' ? (just like home life :eek:)

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
POE port is dead, no signal leds.
Camera moved over to a stand alone POE switch comes right back.

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lost my signal on a 2032 yesterday. Had same problem with it about 3 months ago. I tested the cable end to end and it tested good. I put a new keystone jack on it and the camera worked. This thread helped me fix the problem. Looks like it was a problem with the poe port on the switch. Changed ports and the camera worked again. Switched back to the original port and it also worked. Could have been a connection problem on the port.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lost my signal on a 2032 yesterday. Had same problem with it about 3 months ago. I tested the cable end to end and it tested good. I put a new keystone jack on it and the camera worked. This thread helped me fix the problem. Looks like it was a problem with the poe port on the switch. Changed ports and the camera worked again. Switched back to the original port and it also worked. Could have been a connection problem on the port.
Sometimes a poor rj45 crimp can manifest itself this way...when you switch ports you move the cable a bit so the connection is reestablished so it appears that its the port but it actually the cable...

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cable was a 6 inch patch panel cable connecting the switch to the patch panel. Thanks for the heads up on the cable, I got plenty of patch cables laying around. It works now. Intermittent problems are tough to troubleshoot, but I think it is the switch port or the patch cable.