Lorex 2K Doorbell and Blue Iris help please.

fishead

n3wb
Reaction score
I've bought one of these and the new Alexa Show 8 version 2, its a bit of a saga and I need some help.

Over the last year the wife and I have used our summerhouse at the bottom of the garden but there we cannot hear the front doorbell. I've been waiting for a video doorbell that would work with Alexa, hence the Show 8 so we can see who is at the doorbell, and also integrates with Blue Iris.

The first problem was getting the Show 8 to show live view. Kept getting an error message in the app on my phone that the microphone was disabled, basically go to settings and enable it. I took this to be the microphone on the Show 8. It was working and the camera was enabled. After lots of trying gave up and asked Amazon for a replacement which had the same problem. I could not find anything on Amazon's help pages, not even a listing of this error or on the web. It eventually dawned on me it meant the microphone on the Alexa app on my phone. Why does this have to be enabled for live view, I don't know as everything else works without it. I think the error message should have been clear which microphone it was referring to, maybe it was written by an ex Microsoft engineer as it is worthy of them especially the no help pages. Note to Amazon, don't get your 7 year old to test it get a 67 year old who has trouble sharing stuff on Facebook.

The doorbell also would not connect after I inputted my Wi-Fi details. The problem here was that I have a Mesh network and I still have the Wi-Fi enabled in my broadband modem. My phone was on the modem, both devices must be the same network to have the doorbell connect to the phone. Normally my phone is set to the Mesh network but after a power failure it had reverted to the modem as the Mesh requires a login to connect, its not automatic.

So after all of the above and using the Lorex Home skill in Alexa to have the new doorbell ring on all my Alexa devices, all that was left was very little temper and the final connection to Blue Iris. Now to find the doorbell IP address.

The one video I found on Youtube used an IP Config tool to discover the IP Address. Didn't have one so downloaded one from Amcrest. It found my three POE cameras but not the doorbell. I checked the Mesh app and found it there and in the Lorex Home app under device details. Interestingly it has connected by 5ghz by default. I followed the Youtube video and the Amcrest instructions for connecting to Blue Iris as the AD410 and the Lorex 2K appear to be the same doorbell, but Blue Iris does not connect and I cannot via a web browser.

I've now reached the end of my knowledge, any clues on what to try next? I know very little about port forwarding etc but I assume that all the right ones must be open for it to work with the Lorex app on my phone and with all the Alex devices. However something is stopped the IP Config tool from seeing it.

My setup is Windows 10 without an aftermarket Fire Wall in case that was blocking it and Blue Iris version 4.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score