Lorex 8MP 4K IP Motorized Varifocal LNB8973BW

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
A client of mine is looking at using these cameras for Night time viewing. Currently they have the basic little 3" eyeball cameras that they want to replace and use these. The intention is to zoom into their driveway for night time use and capture license plate numbers. The driveway is only 100' or less long. The main concern is using this camera and having the headlights as it comes down the driveway blind the camera and not be able to capture the plate numbers.

Any suggestions or help ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A client of mine is looking at using these cameras for Night time viewing. Currently they have the basic little 3" eyeball cameras that they want to replace and use these. The intention is to zoom into their driveway for night time use and capture license plate numbers. The driveway is only 100' or less long. The main concern is using this camera and having the headlights as it comes down the driveway blind the camera and not be able to capture the plate numbers.

Any suggestions or help ?
You need to dedicate a camera for LPR...see the lpr subforum.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does Lorex make one though ? I was thinking the 4k one so i can zoom in and read the plates.. bad idea ?
No, the threads in the lpr subforum. Lorex makes nothing. They used to simply rebrand dahua, until dahua purchased them. Now they do the same.

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
No, the threads in the lpr subforum. Lorex makes nothing. They used to simply rebrand dahua, until dahua purchased them. Now they do the same.
Any recommendations for a LPR camera that will work with a Lorex 16 channel NVR ? that won't cost a small fortune....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, don't "read-into" the words.. I'm a Hikvision fan, Installed many LPR's from that brand but hard to gain access to them here in Canada..
Really? you have installed "LPR's" but didnt know what LPR stands for? And want to use a 4k camera for the job? Hikvision and dahua are readily available in Canada, where are you looking?. Why you want to buy a no name fugly camera from a small shop in brooklyn that resells no name china cams is beyond me.
You can do LRP with a 100 dollar camera. READ THE LPR SUBFORUM!!!!!!!!

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
Really? you have installed "LPR's" but didnt know what LPR stands for? And want to use a 4k camera for the job? Hikvision and dahua are readily available in Canada, where are you looking?. Why you want to buy a no name fugly camera from a small shop in brooklyn that resells no name china cams is beyond me.
You can do LRP with a 100 dollar camera. READ THE LPR SUBFORUM!!!!!!!!

Relax man, Never heard people call them LPR, only called them Licence Plate Cameras. I am reading the sub forms.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Relax man, Never heard people call them LPR, only called them Licence Plate Cameras. I am reading the sub forms.
lying wont get you anywhere. Its better to admit you have no clue and ask for help. You need to do some work on your own before asking someone to do your job for you.

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
lying wont get you anywhere. Its better to admit you have no clue and ask for help. You need to do some work on your own before asking someone to do your job for you.
Not Lying, I've installed TONS and tons of Cameras, just never heard them called LPR.. Chill..

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
sure:rolleyes: and you still cant find hikvisions in canada...hmmmm
Without being a dealer, nope. I worked for 2 companies that could buy them and i installed them.. It's ok im playing with OpenALPR with my 3mp camera and it's working.. Just moved my car and it picked up the plate..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Without being a dealer, nope. I worked for 2 companies that could buy them and i installed them.. It's ok im playing with OpenALPR with my 3mp camera and it's working.. Just moved my car and it picked up the plate..
really, 99 percent of this forum are not dealers...somehow they manage to get hikvision cameras...hmmm I wonder how.