Lorex 8MP 4K IP Motorized Varifocal LNB8973BW

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
really, 99 percent of this forum are not dealers...somehow they manage to get hikvision cameras...hmmm I wonder how.
Amazon.. Ebay.. Much easier in the USA to obtain Hik...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok show me a few that are available to Canada, that won't break the 600$ bank.. Show me some ideas and solutions then :)
There is an entire LPR section of this forum that has a bunch of threads with ideas...you can do lpr with a 100-200 camera just fine. Every single hikvision and dahua model is available in Canada - it has been a while since I visited, but I assume Canada still has package delivery couriers. You need to do some legwork.

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
There is an entire LPR section of this forum that has a bunch of threads with ideas...you can do lpr with a 100-200 camera just fine. Every single hikvision and dahua model is available in Canada - it has been a while since I visited, but I assume Canada still has package delivery couriers. You need to do some legwork.
Are you saying i could use a Lorex one too then ? Or should i just use Hikvision adjust the settings & use it with the Lorex NVR..

Attached is screen shot google earth and the projected issue.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying i could use a Lorex one too then ? Or should i just use Hikvision adjust the settings & use it with the Lorex NVR..

Attached is screen shot google earth and the projected issue.
You can use any brand you want as long as its reliable. You will need to calculate what type of lens you will need to get a tight enough shot for a clear image. 12mm may not be sufficient.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Go to varifocal cam with low light capacity and 2mp resolution
for example dahua Z5 or Z12 (Z5 : 35mm max and Z12 : 64mm max)

With my Z5 i have good results :

upload_2018-11-23_2-12-22.png

upload_2018-11-23_2-17-47.png

BICK