Lorex DVR

LeoofTampa

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a 16 IP camera NVR with only 12 IP cameras from Lorex. On my big screen I can view the 12 cameras but have 4 squares with the Lorex logo/word on them. Does anyone know how to get rid of the 4 squares with the Lorex logo/word on them?

Last edited:

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also have a Lorex system and don't think there's a way to get rid of the extra squares. Lorex software and apps leave a lot to be desired unfortunately, but I'll be following this thread though in case someone knows a magic wand trick. :lmao:

LeoofTampa

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have a Lorex system and don't think there's a way to get rid of the extra squares. Lorex software and apps leave a lot to be desired unfortunately, but I'll be following this thread though in case someone knows a magic wand trick. :lmao:
I was thinking about openning up the DVR and unplug the extra POE ports. lol. But who knows if they are soldered. That might be an option. But it might create a problem/error code/fault. I really can't stand those squares. Specially when I paid close to $3,600 for the system including extended warranty.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a 16 camera DVR with only 12 cameras from Lorex. On my big screen I can view the 12 cameras but have 4 squares with the Lorex logo/word on them. Does anyone know how to get rid of the 4 squares with the Lorex logo/word on them?
Did you get a DVR or an NVR kit ?

Display grid is 4x4 ..

can't change it to a 3x4 gird ..

I'd call Lorex tech support and see what they recommend on the Lorex branded watermark ..

LeoofTampa

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you get a DVR or an NVR kit ?

Display grid is 4x4 ..

can't change it to a 3x4 gird ..

I'd call Lorex tech support and see what they recommend on the Lorex branded watermark ..
It's actually an NVR. Lorex doesn't have a solution and stated that I'm stuck watching 4 empty boxes or return the system. :)

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's actually an NVR. Lorex doesn't have a solution and stated that I'm stuck watching 4 empty boxes or return the system. :)
Yep....that's what I thought. I have mine on scrolling sequence through all of the cameras and just ignore the empty boxes. But they're just reminding you to buy more cameras so the boxes won't be empty. :lmao:

LeoofTampa

n3wb
Reaction score
a lot of member really like Blue Iris .. perhaps worth looking closer at it ..
Thanks for the info on Blue Iris. Is that a software that I can download into my NVR? Would I have the option of just looking at the 12 cameras and not the additional 4 black boxes due to only having 12 cameras plugged into a 16 camera PoE NVR?

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on Blue Iris. Is that a software that I can download into my NVR? Would I have the option of just looking at the 12 cameras and not the additional 4 black boxes due to only having 12 cameras plugged into a 16 camera PoE NVR?
No....Blue Iris requires a dedicated PC and won't run or record video on your NVR, which is proprietary so you're stuck with whatever NVR interface software the manufacturer gives you. Blue Iris is not free but does have a free trial period. However it also has a steep learning curve getting everything set up the way you want it and it doesn't support PTZ camera auto tracking which was the main deal breaker for me because I wanted it for my Sunba PTZ auto tracking camera.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No....Blue Iris requires a dedicated PC and won't run or record video on your NVR, which is proprietary so you're stuck with whatever NVR interface software the manufacturer gives you. Blue Iris is not free but does have a free trial period. However it also has a steep learning curve getting everything set up the way you want it and it doesn't support PTZ camera auto tracking which was the main deal breaker for me because I wanted it for my Sunba PTZ auto tracking camera.
Blue Iris works just fine with auto tracking PTZ's. Not sure what you are talking about.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blue Iris does not do anything to handle auto tracking, it doesn't need to. That is all done in the camera.
Blue Iris records whatever is sent to it.
If you properly setup the PTZ, and use the proper triggers either from BI motion detect, or tripwires or such from the camera It will record whatever the camera sees based on triggers as it autotracks.
I and MANY folks do that here daily.

NOW it could be that your sunba, which is a questionable brand choice, may have issue's with proper triggering BI via ONVIF among other issues.

RavenDave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When my Lorex NVR died (Ethernet port died), I switched to BI. One silver lining was in side the Lorex NVR was a WD 2TB drive. I used this in my BI machine build.