Lorex E891 Tele lens upgrade

Doc777

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone try replacing a E891 2.8 lens with a 6MM or higher? I have 6 cameras to mess with just don’t want to waste time if it doesn’t focus or some other unforeseen issue. Many thanks.

maybe I should just bite the bullet ha ha and get a 5442Z instead.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While not for that particular camera, it is a simple procedure. Many threads on it, and with Lorex up until recently being Dahua OEM, it would be similar (but yeah upgrading to the 5442 would be better LOL):

Fixing focus on IPC-COLOR4K-X
I bought a refurbished IPC-COLOR4K-X from Andy last year and its focus was got great. Then for some reason it got worse over time. So I took it apart today and was able to fix the focus easily. 1. Take off front panel of camera to expose 4 screws. 2. Unscrew 4 screws to open camera case. 3...

Successful change of 1/3" Dahua lens from 2.8mm to 25mm
So, like a lot of people who buy kits, I was initially concerned with seeing my entire property and surrounding area rather than focusing on the important areas. Having found this forum, I was quickly concerned that I had badly spent my money on cameras that weren't going to be able to help me...

Dahua Lens Replacement
Hi, I have a newly purchased Dahua IPC-HDW2431TP-AS-S2 camera and wanted to know if it is possible to change the lens from a 3.6mm to a 2.8mm. Basically, I am testing this Dahua camera to replace a Hikvision IPC-T120-D 2.8mm camera. The image quality on the Dahua is much better but...

This post was for a Hikvision, but the steps are pretty similar, it is a matter of taking off the cover, xacto knife scraping off the glue on the thread and turn in small increments and watch it on a screen.

2CD2387G2-LSU/LU Tear down and refocus (with pictures)
I recently purchased a 2CD2387G2 8MP ColorVu to replace a 2386G2 monitoring the driveway and front yard of my home. After conducting some side-by-side testing with the existing 2CD2386G2 I came to the conclusion the new 2CD2387G2 was not as well focused. Images from the 2CD2387G2 were...