Lorex - How do I deactivate indoor cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You could create a big privacy zone on your indoor cams which you turn off when you leave the house. Effectively, they are blind then. But they do draw electricity still.
That would require manual intervention which is insane. It would also not stop anyone who has access to the nvr to removing the privacy mask. He needs to secure the NVR and just let it record. Or use a vms that allows disabling a camera by stopping display and/or recording easily. Blue iris can do this no problem. Like every NVR you must secure it or anyone can turn the cams back on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are right, security does not exist over the internet, when there are real security concerns, you install a proper alarm system, totally independent from the internet, and connected it with the police.
You may want to have both, but for me those cameras are only for surveillance. Security it is something I guarantee in a totally difference way, certainly not with IP cameras LOL
It sure does exist, you simply choose not to use it. The alarm can be easily disabled if someone was determined. Nothing is certain. You cannot guarantee security unless you sit at your kitchen table all day with a revolver and never leave your homestead.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That would require manual intervention which is insane.
I thought he wanted to do it remotely, in case he forgets. I don't know if the app allows to turn privacy masks on and off. I think it does.

I am not saying that my idea is better or more comfortable than getting a switch, but might allow to turn them "on and off" within the current setup.

His current lack of security is another issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought he wanted to do it remotely, in case he forgets. I don't know if the app allows to turn privacy masks on and off. I think it does.

I am not saying that my idea is better or more comfortable than getting a switch, but might allow to turn them "on and off" within the current setup.

His current lack of security is another issue.
Even if it allowed you to do it going through the app, enabling or disabling several cameras every time you leave or return is insane.. It's not a practical or even usable solution..

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Just for Ships(sp.) and giggles, what is secure anymore?