Lorex LH0904 DVR

Marty4

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking to replace some cameras that are not working anymore. Lorex tells me the LH0904 DVR I have is not compatible with their replacement cameras. Does anyone know what brand or where I can get some cameras that are compatible with the Lorex LH0904 DVR? My existing cameras model # is LWU3620-C.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to replace some cameras that are not working anymore. Lorex tells me the LH0904 DVR I have is not compatible with their replacement cameras. Does anyone know what brand or where I can get some cameras that are compatible with the Lorex LH0904 DVR? My existing cameras model # is LWU3620-C.

I attempted to check Lorex website, using

Lorex LH0904

and I got no results.

Is that the correct model number ?

1718937717256.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. I purchased it in Sep. 2017. They (Lorex) said that DVR is no longer made and no replacement cameras will work with it.
Hi Marty4

Are all the cameras wifi ? or do you also have coax wired cameras ?

FYI - for future reference posting what TonyR linked to

1718955779472.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They will not work with my DVR. They only work with a different series DVR.
Not to be argumentative but you said yours is a LWU3620-C and the ones on eBay are LWU3620-C. How would a person distinguish between a LWU3620-C that works with your DVR and a LWU3620-C that does not?

Does your camera have a sticker with a "V" (version number) or frequency or other info other than just "LWU3620-C" ? :idk:

Marty4

n3wb
Reaction score
Not to be argumentative but you said yours is a LWU3620-C and the ones on eBay are LWU3620-C. How would a person distinguish between a LWU3620-C that works with your DVR and a LWU3620-C that does not?

Does your camera have a sticker with a "V" (version number) or frequency or other info other than just "LWU3620-C" ? :idk:
Here is pic of label on camera.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is pic of label on camera.
This seller says his LH09041T (1 terrabyte HDD) is for 1080p cameras...your camera is 720p.

If you're sure you don't want to abandon the whole system and buy all new I'd try the eBay LWU3620-C from a vendor that accepts returns.

BTW, where did you hear or discover that the eBay camera will NOT work with your DVR?

Marty4

n3wb
Reaction score
This seller says his LH09041T (1 terrabyte HDD) is for 1080p cameras...your camera is 720p.

If you're sure you don't want to abandon the whole system and buy all new I'd try the eBay LWU3620-C from a vendor that accepts returns.

BTW, where did you hear or discover that the eBay camera will NOT work with your DVR?
Talked to Lorex Tech Support yesterday. The issue is my DVR. Trying to find a setup that will replace it. Lorex quoted me almost $700 for a setup like the one I have. I've messaged a couple sellers yesterday on ebay and I'm still waiting for the to get back to me.

Marty4

n3wb
Reaction score
Talked to Lorex Tech Support yesterday. The issue is my DVR. Trying to find a setup that will replace it. Lorex quoted me almost $700 for a setup like the one I have. I've messaged a couple sellers yesterday on ebay and I'm still waiting for the to get back to me.
If you read down on the ebay listings for those cameras it states they only work with certain series DVR's.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you read down on the ebay listings for those cameras it states they only work with certain series DVR's.
I get that but still it remains mysterious as to why one cam with the exact model number will work and another one will not....that's what model numbers or another form of identification is for, IMO.....just sayin'.

But this is all academic now that you have "... Talked to Lorex Tech Support yesterday" and "The issue is my DVR."

So you don't need cameras, right? :cool:

Marty4

n3wb
Reaction score
I get that but still it remains mysterious as to why one cam with the exact model number will work and another one will not....that's what model numbers or another form of identification is for, IMO.....just sayin'.

But this is all academic now that you have "... Talked to Lorex Tech Support yesterday" and "The issue is my DVR."

So you don't need cameras, right? :cool:
I am leaning towards trying the equivalent cameras on ebay. If they don't pair with my DVR then I'll start looking for a new DVR. I also think like you mentioned earlier the frequency or version on my cameras are different also.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am leaning towards trying the equivalent cameras on ebay. If they don't pair with my DVR then I'll start looking for a new DVR. I also think like you mentioned earlier the frequency or version on my cameras are different also.
Hi marty4,

This is one reason why WiFi DVRs / NVRs are not as well liked, as they seem to age faster than the wired versions.

If you decide to upgrade, and plan to keep your home, I would consider the wired NVR / VMS software on PC system option with IP PoE cameras

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which ones on eBay?