Reaction score
I am new to the forum and did not see a post about these two camera models (Lorex LNB9232 and LNB9272). For better or worse, I am going with a Lorex system (along with a couple Dahua Starlight cameras from Andy) for my property and wanted a mix of varifocal and fixed lens cameras. What I did not consider was the drastic size difference between the two (currently) high end Lorex camera models. These pictures are an attempt to show the size difference and to highlight that the fixed lens (LNB9232) will work with Andy's PFA130-E junction box but the varifocal (LNB9272) will not. I have not ordered the Lorex brand junction box yet to determine if it will fit the varifocal.

The size and weight difference between the two is much more drastic than I had anticipated. Hopefully this assists someone in their decision making process. For size comparison I included one of Andy's IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M 2.8mm dual cameras (I don't have a Dahua bullet for comparison). With Christmas around the corner I will not be installing them immediately but once everything is up and running I will post some screenshots and images. I wanted 4K cameras that could do 30FPS (taking into consideration that the storage space for such footage quality is quite expansive/expensive).

Would someone please provide a good link to purchase 200+ft of CAT6 direct burial cable? I have heard good things about Vericom MBW6U-03676 but before I go running it through my PVC conduit I would appreciate some honest feedback. For my interior runs I will be using the Monoprice cable that has been previously linked on this forum.

The exact model numbers of the cameras are LNB9232S-C and LNB9272S-C

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am new to the forum and did not see a post about these two camera models (Lorex LNB9232 and LNB9272). For better or worse, I am going with a Lorex system (along with a couple Dahua Starlight cameras from Andy) for my property and wanted a mix of varifocal and fixed lens cameras. What I did not consider was the drastic size difference between the two (currently) high end Lorex camera models. These pictures are an attempt to show the size difference and to highlight that the fixed lens (LNB9232) will work with Andy's PFA130-E junction box but the varifocal (LNB9272) will not. I have not ordered the Lorex brand junction box yet to determine if it will fit the varifocal.

The size and weight difference between the two is much more drastic than I had anticipated. Hopefully this assists someone in their decision making process. For size comparison I included one of Andy's IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M 2.8mm dual cameras (I don't have a Dahua bullet for comparison). With Christmas around the corner I will not be installing them immediately but once everything is up and running I will post some screenshots and images. I wanted 4K cameras that could do 30FPS (taking into consideration that the storage space for such footage quality is quite expansive/expensive).

Would someone please provide a good link to purchase 200+ft of CAT6 direct burial cable? I have heard good things about Vericom MBW6U-03676 but before I go running it through my PVC conduit I would appreciate some honest feedback. For my interior runs I will be using the Monoprice cable that has been previously linked on this forum.

The exact model numbers of the cameras are LNB9232S-C and LNB9272S-C

Thanks in advance.
Thanks @greyhavens49420

Looks good, keep up with the review I'm really enjoying it.

Hey is that a speaker in both models? ( wondering what is under the "speaker" looking door )

For 30 fps and 4K look at the IPC-HFW1831E and the varifocal version ( IPC-HFW28xx ) of that. iirc Andy has access to both. We've got a few members who have those and a couple of reviews are posted here.

The Dahua PFA121 junction box, which Lorex also carries under their own model number, will work with both of those squarish bullets. It has holes already drilled and tapped for both sizes of bullets.

Reaction score
Hey mat200,

I am a long time fan of yours; thank you so much for all that you do for the community! I believe that it is a speaker grill/cover of some kind. I have had it powered on (on my desk) for a day now and I do not feel any air being moved underneath so I doubt it is a fan. I realize that some of my comments may have been covered in other forums but I intend to use this thread as a slow documentation of my progress and observations made along the way. Today's small victory was getting the Dahua cameras feed to display on the small thumbnails of the Lorex NVR. Credit goes to Fourier and his previous thread: Replace my Lorex 4K (lnb8005) with a starlight (IPC-HDW5231R-ZE)

All I had to do was check the box to enable substream2 and it worked immediately (no restart needed). Attached is a screenshot in case anyone else had difficulty locating the setting.

Second small victory of the day: Without any prior configuration I plugged in two of my Starlight cameras from Andy into my Lorex NR9326 and it automatically configured the cameras to utilize my NVR password. AKA: the default password of admin/admin no longer worked.
Additionally, the "enable ARP/Ping to set IP address service" feature works quite well for a seamless plug and play operation between Starlight cameras and Lorex NVR.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @greyhavens49420 hope your New Year's day is going well.

I'm looking forward to more people sharing their experience and knowledge in a place we can all benefit from.

Staff Curtis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Lorex models posted above will only shoot up to 30fps. I cannot go any higher frame rate no matter the resolution. They work great in blue iris.

Last edited:

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you post footage of the camera, I was thinking of getting a few of these for a low light area. I need to make sure the IR is strong and would also love to see the varifocal in action! Thanks in advance!

Staff Curtis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine is the non varifocal model. I can still try and get you some day and night footage if you would like. I am extremely pleased.

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ended up getting the LNB9272, it works great but its a HUGE camera. :)

I'm going to try to paint it white, the black color is really ugly!

Staff Curtis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You got the varifocal version which is very large. I am fine with the fixed lens version. The black matches the exterior of my home and basement area well. What is the dahua version of our cameras?

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yea I knew it was bigger but it had a little bit better specs that's why I got it. The closest Dahua is the IPC-HFW2831T-ZS. It's not exactly the same but its somewhat similar.

Mark12r

n3wb
Reaction score
Hope this may help someone, I have taken the Lorex lnb9232 apart because I somehow messed up the password and needed to reset it back to default, it was very easy to do once you remove the front face of the camera there is a small button just under the infra red led connector, no need to disassemble like I did.
Please note that there is a speaker in the bottom of the camera housing and that it is wired into the circuit board, but is not operational also notice the Dahua chipset . I would love to cross flash this to Dahua firmware.
also a side note the new N881 NVR from Lorex cross flashes to Dahua firmware and runs perfectly. I did that with a serial and null modem cable from instructions on this site.my hats off to the people who figured that out .

Attachments