Lorex LNB9232S-C rewire to Cat5 RJ45

kingbattle

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a LOREX LNB9232S-C Camera that I need to wire to a RJ 45 port. I cut the cord by accident and need a new connector. It has six wires. YELLOW, BLUE, PURPLE, ORANGE, GREEN, BROWN. Device supports I/R light, Speaker, Mic, and Camera (fixed focal).

Can anyone help with what wires go to what on a CAT 5 RJ45?

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a LOREX LNB9232S-C Camera that I need to wire to a RJ 45 port. I cut the cord by accident and need a new connector. It has six wires. YELLOW, BLUE, PURPLE, ORANGE, GREEN, BROWN. Device supports I/R light, Speaker, Mic, and Camera (fixed focal).

Welcome @kingbattle

Looks like a Dahua OEM camera

kingbattle

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @kingbattle

Looks like a Dahua OEM camera
MATT,

Thank you for telling me what the manufacture is. I looked up the wire pin for the camera and two separate places gave me this and they did not work.

This is what I used and got nothing.

CAM RJ45
Brown White/Orange
Purple Orange
Orange White/green
Yellow Blue
Blue Green
Grey White/Brown

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
MATT,

Thank you for telling me what the manufacture is. I looked up the wire pin for the camera and two separate places gave me this and they did not work.

This is what I used and got nothing.

CAM RJ45
Brown White/Orange
Purple Orange
Orange White/green
Yellow Blue
Blue Green
Grey White/Brown
Hi @kingbattle

See what others have found here for the wiring here on Dahua models and check if those work.

jcore39

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi Kingbattle, did you ever find a useful solution for this thread? I have same issue, need to connect a new "female" connector to the same model Lorex camera as the original wire appears to have been eaten by some rodent. So I'm trying to attach a new connector ("male") then plug into a female/female coupler to allow me to reconnect to my Cat 5e/Cat 6 cable to my NVR. Thanks in advance.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@jcore39 , if no response from @kingbattle , consider this:

If the RJ-45 female is still attached to the pigtail can't you skin back enough of the overall outer jacket to see each of the wires, cut one at a time, use continuity checker / ohm meter to check which wire goes to which pin, write it down, do another one, etc. and label the pigtail accordingly?

You could then crimp on a RJ-45 male or punch down a RJ-45 female jack, just insure that you locate pin 1 to be on left when facing female jack and latch is on bottom (pin 1 on right when looking at end of MALE and latch on bottom).

NOTE: I'm not implying that you follow any color code here such as T-568B, I'm saying that whatever colored conductor you find on pin 1 of YOUR bad RJ-45 connector would go to pin 1 of the new connector and so on.

Below right is a chart for you to write down what you discover, if possible.

RJ45-Pinout-T568B_med.jpg Camera_RJ45_FEMALE_pinout.jpg

jcore39

n3wb
Reaction score
@jcore39 , if no response from @kingbattle , consider this:

If the RJ-45 female is still attached to the pigtail can't you skin back enough of the overall outer jacket to see each of the wires, cut one at a time, use continuity checker / ohm meter to check which wire goes to which pin, write it down, do another one, etc. and label the pigtail accordingly?

You could then crimp on a RJ-45 male or punch down a RJ-45 female jack, just insure that you locate pin 1 to be on left when facing female jack and latch is on bottom (pin 1 on right when looking at end of MALE and latch on bottom).

NOTE: I'm not implying that you follow any color code here such as T-568B, I'm saying that whatever colored conductor you find on pin 1 of YOUR bad RJ-45 connector would go to pin 1 of the new connector and so on.

Below right is a chart for you to write down what you discover, if possible.

View attachment 129167 View attachment 129168
Thanks for the response. I did cut back the old female connector and can confirm the pinout sequence identified from Gordon Beall's thread (who also cut open the connector): 8/7=Grey, 6=Blue, 5/4=Yellow, 3=Orange, 2=Purple, 1=Brown. Then, using a heat gun and tiny self-soldering wire connectors, spliced a "y" to double up the Grey and Yellow pins. I used a lighter to expose the end of those thin wires as strippers proved useless. I want to test to make sure the splice and pinout was correct. I'm a bit afraid to just plug into NVR and "hope" it's correct as I'm nervous it may fry my NVR port if not correct. I have a tester that came with Crimping tool and I'll see what that'll do. Anyway, I'll report back in case this thread can help someone else.

As a side note: I previously ordered a new replacement camera that LOREX claimed is compatible with my NVR but the new "Smart IP" cameras don't seem as smart as my current model and sends alerts non-stop (every 4 minutes) regardless to the Thresholds and Sensitivity settings for that camera. I hope the old camera works and can return the "smart" new one!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I did cut back the old female connector and can confirm the pinout sequence identified from Gordon Beall's thread (who also cut open the connector): 8/7=Grey, 6=Blue, 5/4=Yellow, 3=Orange, 2=Purple, 1=Brown. Then, using a heat gun and tiny self-soldering wire connectors, spliced a "y" to double up the Grey and Yellow pins. I used a lighter to expose the end of those thin wires as strippers proved useless. I want to test to make sure the splice and pinout was correct. I'm a bit afraid to just plug into NVR and "hope" it's correct as I'm nervous it may fry my NVR port if not correct. I have a tester that came with Crimping tool and I'll see what that'll do. Anyway, I'll report back in case this thread can help someone else.

As a side note: I previously ordered a new replacement camera that LOREX claimed is compatible with my NVR but the new "Smart IP" cameras don't seem as smart as my current model and sends alerts non-stop (every 4 minutes) regardless to the Thresholds and Sensitivity settings for that camera. I hope the old camera works and can return the "smart" new one!!!
This post is GOLD. I ended up not having to splice any conductors or jump any pins. Using the T568B color code. I put Grey on pin 8(brown), Blue on pin 6(green), Yellow on pin 5(Blue/white), Orange on pin 3(Green/white), purple on pin 2(orange), and lastly Brown on pin 1 ( orange/white).
Used a standard Ethernet coupler and camera booted and NVR found it without issue. Worth noting though not necessary I use a multi port POE injector between my NVR and cameras to have a dedicated POE device and not rely on NVR for power.

Longstroke

n3wb
Reaction score
Just created an account to thank you and the other people on this thread. I just recently lost two Lorex cameras to corrosion from rain. In the past, when cleaning them failed, I had to replace them. This time I decided to re-head them and wasn't having any luck until I found this thread (and this forum).

Grey on 8
Blue on 6
Yellow on 5
Orange on 3
Purple on 2
Brown on 1

This saved me $150+