LOREX NVR - Need more recording time - recording only motion didn't help!

LordX

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all - I have a newer Lorex 4k PoE IP camera setup. It is an 8 camera system, and I have 7 cameras plugged in.

I want at least 2 weeks of videos stored. I have a 6TB hard drive in the system (which I upgraded from the 2TB stock drive), and with 7 cameras plugged in, I was getting maybe 6 days worth of saved footage.

I went into the storage settings, and made 4 of the cameras record motion only. I tested this by logging in a couple of days later, and sure enough just the motion events were viewable in playback mode.

However, I am not gaining more days of archived footage. It still only goes back 1 week... How can this be?

I am thinking of dropping the cameras to 1080p resolution just to get more space - but I would hate to lose 4x the quality.

Any tips or ideas?

LordX

n3wb
Reaction score
NM - it was the Lorex APP on my phone that was only going back 1 week. I logged into the computer software, and it has MUCH more recording. What a silly thing that the phone app only goes back 7 days.

Reaction score
Realize the risk of recording on motion only. Cams can easily miss events due to the motion not being tripped or not tripped in time.

LordX

n3wb
Reaction score
Realize the risk of recording on motion only. Cams can easily miss events due to the motion not being tripped or not tripped in time.

I left the outdoor cameras on continuous (so they get the car/atv/foot traffic all the way). I have some cameras inside the home that I set to motion only. Given their sensitivity when I go in the house, I feel they would capture anyone who made it into the home.