Lorex PTZ camera setup

dandan74

n3wb
Reaction score
Costco Wholesale

I purchased a lorex system through Costco. The NVR is LNK7000 series. I tried to add a PTZ camera I bought from Amazon. The PTZ is LNZ32P4B, listed as a compatible module of my NVR. But I couldn't make it work after connecting directly to DVR. NVR can see the camera IP address as 192.168.0.1xx, but couldn't connect to it. All other cameras came from the original set, however, have IP address as 10.10.25.xxx. Lorex tech support debugged and concluded that the camera is not compatible with my system. Am I missing something here? The Lorex tech does not seem to be very familiar with their own system. I guess I should modify the IP address of the camera to be something like 10.10.25.xxx? Will that work? Lorex tech said the camera should simply work with Lorex LNK7000 if connecting directly to it. If NVR cannot see it, that means they are not compatible.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @dandan74

The NVR LNK7000 and associated 4K cameras which typically come with that kit may not be Dahua OEM products.

From what members here and on another forum have shown - the NVR maybe from another OEM. If so, it may not communicate natively with the Dahua OEM products ( i.e. by using the Dahua API ).

You would need to test it further, a part of that will as you note require the appropriate IP address to be set in the camera - or the camera to be set to DHCP and connected to the NVR ports.

You may need to attempt to manually add the camera - as the admin account and password may not be the same set that the NVR expects, also you will need to check the port.

If they are as I suspect different OEMs you may have to set the camera to ONVIF and add it as an ONVIF camera to the NVR.

Indeed Lorex lists the camera as compatible with the PTZ, which I suspect maybe incorrect. ( again I really am not certain as still need to have better identification of the OEM of the NVR )
Pan-Tilt-Zoom Outoor Metal Camera, 4x Optical Zoom with 1080p HD Video & Color Night Vision

dandan74

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Mat. I managed to get it working by using a seperate PoE switch connecting to the same router to which Lorex NVR7000 is connected.
However, the image does not looks like 1080p, more like 720p and also a bit grainy. I am sending it back to Amazon. I would say Lorex support is pretty terrible.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
... I would say Lorex support is pretty terrible.
Hi Dan

A lot of the companies selling IP cameras are not too good at support - understaffed and under trained - thus why a lot of us are here on ipcamtalk.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On poking some, I think Lorex might OEM this series from RaySharp but I could be wrong. RaySharp is the OEM behind a LOT of brands but not much really out there as their own brand so finding alternate firmware, etc probably would not be easy.

It does seem odd to me that Lorex would still be using hardware from any source other than Dahua now since Dahua bought Lorex earlier this year. But maybe since Lorex had existing relations with multiple OEM's in place that they are still keeping some of it going under contract or something.