Lorex Rapid Review - Does Dahua NVR or BI offer something similar?

bobct1

n3wb
Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. I was wondering if Dahua's NVRs or BI have a feature that is similar to Lorex's Rapid Review. It would be nice to see a "summary" of the days motion events condensed down.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting feature (if this is it):

I haven’t heard of another service that does that.

Both BI and Dahua NVRs can “bookmark” when motion happens, so nobody should have to manually scrub through hours of recordings to find interesting motion.

I haven’t had enough motion on my porch today to give an example, but here’s a segment of motion alerts from yesterday (from BI). Picture gives me a instant recap, and if I tap on one, it plays the whole motion clip. No monthly fee/cloud processing required.

2A71E5EE-4BEB-4009-BD61-93DD2B46CAA0.jpeg

bobct1

n3wb
Reaction score
@aristobrat... Yes, that is it. Here is another video that shows/explains it as well.

and I don't think that it is a service... pretty sure it is a function of the NVR and its software... so fee/cloud processing either.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
pretty sure it is a function of the NVR and its software...
I'm guessing NVRs don't have enough processing power to pull something like that off... at least not NVRs in the price-point that most folks here buy from.

I'm basing that guess on how little electricity NVRs use, and the fact that NVRs rely on the cameras to do all of the processing when it comes to figuring out motion detection. Seems like the NVRs processors have just enough oomph to keep the video streams recording and provide an interface for folks to look at stuff/configure/etc.

If I'm wrong, hopefully someone more experienced will correct me (@fenderman).