Lorex says I Have to use there POE switch help me

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a lorex NVR system. If I plug the cameras into the NVR directly all is good. But if I plug the cameras into the switch cameras do not show up on the monitor. If I go into camera registration on my system the cameras(4) all show up as showing they are live Status is good etc. but nothing on the monitor. So I know the switch is patching each individual camera through. Lorex tech support says that I have to use one of there switches otherwise they cant help. I find it hard to believe that you can only use a lorex POE switch and make it work.. I am using a mokerlink POE-F042F poe switch with a Lorex N843A8 NVR. If I connect 1 of the poe ports on my NVR to the uplink on the switch and connect one camera to a poe port on switch 1 can get one camera to show up on monitor but not 2 cameras. Going from the networking port on NVR to the up link port on switch doesnt let anything show on monitor. I hope someone can pleas help me with this issue. I really cant afford to spend $300 on a switch. ( if I put this in wrong category let me know. Im a newbie)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They are only saying that because they can only provide support if everything is in their "domain".

If you are using a switch, then you need to plug it into the WAN/LAN port of the NVR, not a POE port. Otherwise you will have the problems you are experiencing. That POE port is hardcoded to only see one camera.

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wittaj is exactly right. Use the LAN/WAN port. And no, you don't have to use a Lorex switch. I e installed countless Lorex NVR's and have had no problems using switches from other manufacturers. You can't expect the car.eras to automatically add to the NVR though. They only do that if you plug them directly into the NVR. If you use a switch, you just need to manually add the cameras.

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a lorex NVR system. If I plug the cameras into the NVR directly all is good. But if I plug the cameras into the switch cameras do not show up on the monitor. If I go into camera registration on my system the cameras(4) all show up as showing they are live Status is good etc. but nothing on the monitor. So I know the switch is patching each individual camera through. Lorex tech support says that I have to use one of there switches otherwise they cant help. I find it hard to believe that you can only use a lorex POE switch and make it work.. I am using a mokerlink POE-F042F poe switch with a Lorex N843A8 NVR. If I connect 1 of the poe ports on my NVR to the uplink on the switch and connect one camera to a poe port on switch 1 can get one camera to show up on monitor but not 2 cameras. Going from the networking port on NVR to the up link port on switch doesnt let anything show on monitor. I hope someone can pleas help me with this issue. I really cant afford to spend $300 on a switch. ( if I put this in wrong category let me know. Im a newbie)
If you use a external switch you will need to manual add them.

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, Now I need to do some research on how to manually add cameras. If anyone knows of a link that explains please pass along.
Thank you

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, Now I need to do some research on how to manually add cameras. If anyone knows of a link that explains please pass along.
Thank you
manually add .. should be under the add camera page .. ip addresses will be on the LAN side of the NVR ..

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
I saw it on the screen I just dont know the steps. Researching now. All 4 cameras show up in the camera registration thats why I thought it was weird it wasnt able to setup automatically. Bare with me Im new to all this.

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
After the home button nothing else seems to corrispond with the options Im getting. The manually add is in camera registration and those directions dont seem to directly corelate.

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what i have right now
So the big box on the top is the cameras that the NVR has found on the network. The big bottom box is the cameras that are currently added to the NVR. So you just need to click the checkboxes next to the cameras in the top box and then click add

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
So cameras 1, 2, 3 have a status light of red(hard to tell in pict) and dont show up on monitor but 4 is green and showing on monitor. Any suggestions

Attachments

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That red light means the camera did not connect to the NVR successfully. Make sure that there are no duplicate ip addresses. If you changed the username and password of any camera from the defaults, you have to make sure to enter it in the NVR too

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Based off of your last picture, it looks like camera 3 is on a completely different ip address range than camera 4 is on. My guess is that cameras 1 and 2 are on the same range that 3 is on and that's likely why the NVR can't connect to those cameras. You may need to change their ip addresses.

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
No duplicate IP addresses. What about Channel number and remote channel number? It doesnt give an option for changing the remote channel number as far as i can tell right now.

Attachments

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Remote channel number should be 1 for all of them. Channel numbers should be 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
I cant get the channel number to change from 1. I do it but when i go back and check it its back to 1

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would fix your IP addresses. You might not be able to make any changes if the IP addresses are invalid. They should all be on the same range as the camera that is connecting.

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
remember im not connected to my network. This a stand alone setup. Would this still make a difference? These were ip addresses that came up when cameras got plugged in. Will try but I was just wondering to help me understand.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
remember im not connected to my network. This a stand alone setup. Would this still make a difference? These were ip addresses that came up when cameras got plugged in. Will try but I was just wondering to help me understand.
Hi @moose66

You will need to set the IPs of the cameras .. Dahua has a config tool which could be useful ..