Los Angeles Sherriff Want Access To Cameras Using A Device

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder how many people are going to sign up for Level 2 real time camera access? All it takes is somewhere between $350 upfront + $150 per year, up to $1,900 upfront plus $900 a year. Out of your own pocket. Unless you want the AI version of the interface device, then it's even more $. I'm imagining a new conspiracy theory that somebody got a kickback from the device seller.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I could see a business maybe doing it if it allowed the police to view what's happening at their business. But it doesn't seem to be that. It says in case of a "nearby emergency." Seems to be intended for other sorts of events.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
wondering about audio ... I'm likely to be involved in any conversation.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder how many insane or people with more money than common sense will sign up?

Trying to look into it is even shadier; a quick Whois search seems to indicate the company is a joint front for Amazon and MI5

Assholes should be paying the people for access.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could see a business maybe doing it if it allowed the police to view what's happening at their business. But it doesn't seem to be that. It says in case of a "nearby emergency." Seems to be intended for other sorts of events.
Just wait .. Kalifornia will require it soon for ffls .. that's the bingo box I am calling out ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Iirc we had a discussion of police access to your cameras in the past .. this was prior to the pandemic and prior to all that authoritarian state actions and tech companies assisting with clamping down on disapproved speech